Monday, January 04, 2010

Melody of Love

I'm happy to share with you my first card for Sweet n' Sassy's Design Team! I just love these stamps so much. This one is called Melody of Love and will be available on January 7th!! This beautiful stamp also comes with 8 sentiments and a set of music notes.

I made this for a couple of different challenges; Sketch Challenge at KLSNS and a card for a new Christian (or you can make one for a new baby) over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!

As you can see, I did a lot of sponging on this one. I watercolored the image first, then sponged around it with More Mustard and Creamy Caramel ink and then added a bit of Ruby Red around the edges. Then I went back in and added some clear stardust gellyroll pen to highlight the strings and petals.
Thanks for dropping by, and thanks so much for your supportive comments on making these Design Teams! I'm super excited and raring to go *Ü* I hope that I've inspired you to INK SOMETHING!

21 comments:

Sandy said...

This is so very beautiful! The colors pop and are so rich! Beautifully done!!!

Melanie said...

Oh my Kristine!! This is stunning! You chose lovely papers...and your colouring?? Wow!!

Melanie

Crystal said...

VERY PRETTY GORGEOUS IMAGE KRISTINE!!

Diane said...

My oh My!!! This is beyond stunning!! Love the stamp and your coloring and the sponging and gee,I love it all!!!

kat9 said...

Hi Kristine,
I love the color combination on this card the gold and turquoise look great together. Great to be on our way with our first challenge.

Kathy

Korin said...

Gorgeous coloring, gorgeous sponging, & gorgeous details make for a GORGEOUS card :)!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the coloring.

Kim Yu said...

Simply beautiful, Kristine! Love it!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yowser!!! This is BEAUTIFUL, Kris!!! You go girl!!!

Riet said...

Ohh wowww Kristine,what a beautiful card,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sparkle said...

Such a gorgeous card.

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Kristine, this is just stunning!! What a beautiful image and the coloring is amazing!!

Danni said...

Wow, wow, wow!! This is gorgeous and stunning!!

Debbie Pamment said...

the only word i have for this is STUNNING - wish I could type the word bigger!!!
xXx

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous Kristine! Love your coloring!

Abra Leah Cross said...

So, so pretty! I always love your color choices. :)

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

this is beautiful! love your colors!!!

Lori said...

Bea-u-ti-ful!!! I really love your colors and sponging. Hugs-Lori

Deedee Anderson said...

This is incredible! The colors are so rich, and the whole card has such a warmth to it!!

Seleise said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Ohh my, this is gorgeous! It probably took a long time with all the sponging, but it was definitely worth it!! Really popped the image off the page . . . stunning, Kris!! :)