Sunday, January 17, 2010

Layers of Color Birdhouse Gift Box

Good Morning!! It's Sunday and that means another fun challenge is up over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges *Ü*

Our hostess today is our sweet southern belle, Candace (of "Candid Candace"). I love the scripture she chose for this week...

Joshua 24:15 "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

The challenge is to create a card or project focused on the "home." For example, a housewarming card, or decor for the home.

I've mentioned before that I love birds and I have a collection of birdhouses. In fact, my hubby made me a special shelf above the entrance to our kitchen and added some lattice wood behind it so I can set my collection of birdhouses that he and the girls buy me on special ocassions on. So when I read the challenge to create "decor for the home" I was all over the birdhouse idea.

I recently came across Stampin' Mindy's blog post where she made this cute lantern gift box! So I ran with that idea, made a few changes to suite my purpose and here it is!
Pardon the quality of my pictures. My dd knocked over one of my photo tent "natural light" lamps while it was on and it broke. So some of these I had to set up on the shelf to get enough light and it turned kinda yellowish :(
The black-looking circle behind the bird is actually acetate so you can see the gift inside.

Here is the box with the lid off.

and here is the underside of the lid. The base of the box and the base of the lid is made from 4" coasters that I covered both sides with my newest pad of Mariposa glittered Designer Paper. The red "box" is then attached under the top coaster and will fit snug inside the box.

Here is the side of my box. (I am in love with this Mariposa paper pad, did I mention this yet?)
Here's a better picture of the paper inside. I lined the inside back with this teal butterfly paper, and I cut a small square of the many little butterflies to fit down in the bottom of my box. That hides all the c.s. tabs.
To decorate my box, I used my favorite stamps from Layers of Color: Backyard Birds and Merci Bouquet. You can't tell from the pictures, but after I watercolored the images I added clear stardust gellyroll pen to highlight the flowers and leaves. I also cut a piece of brown c.s. and rolled it up and glued it to the front for the birdy to stand on. And lastly, added the verse from this challenge on my fence (Martha Stewart punch).


And wouldn't you know it, our sponsor this week is.... LAYERS OF COLOR!! Laura has sponsored us before and has so graciously offered yet another gorgeous stamp set, called Merci Bouquet...

Isn't it beautiful? And YOU could win it!!

I am in love with LOC's fabulous high quality clear stamp sets! I was very blessed to have won 5 of them at their new release blog hop a couple months back and let me tell you, the more I looked at them, the more I loved them and it was really hard to pick the 5 I wanted to get, LOL. So go take a look for yourself, and be sure to check out the AMAZING GALLERIES of Laura Campbell, Linda Lucas, Patter Cross, Denise Lynn, and Heather Wombacher!!

Now go whip something up and enter HERE by midnight Saturday, 23rd!! Can't wait to see what you all make *Ü*

30 comments:

Becky said...

Girl this is gorgeous!!! I love the whole creative concept, the colors are fabulous and I love this fence.

Tammy said...

Beautiful!!!

Tammy M
SBS4

Crystal said...

WOW Girl this is fantastic Kristine!! LOVE your birdhouse project!!! Fabulous!

BananaStamper said...

Beautiful Kristine and such attention to detail!
Shanna
ps. I have an entry ready for Appreciate a Dragon day, I just have to get my posts in order. :)

Lorie said...

Kristine, I'm totally speechless! This birdhouse box is stunning, fabulous, and completely outstanding!! Beautiful job!!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Randi said...

Kristine, this is the most amazing creation I have ever seen you do. Run don't walk to a publisher now! I was out shopping and found that Mariposa paper you are raving about. S-O-O-O I had to get it on you recommendation. We will have to have a Mariposa challenge even though I will come in second based on this entry toady. Have a great week.

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely project!

Kathy Winter said...

The birdhouse came out beautifully, Sis!! I just love it and the colors too. Great job:)

Kathy Winter said...

The birdhouse came out beautifully, Sis!! I just love it and the colors too. Great job:)

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Kristine,what a beautiful creation,i love your papers and colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Debbie Pamment said...

Talk about a WOW project - this is perfect on soooo may levels! And photo probs - I was too busy drooling over this masterpiece to notice - LOL
xXx

Angelwood said...

This is absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous creation this is! I know I would love to receive a gift presented in this way. You are one talented lady! :0) hugs, Angela

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love the birdhouse idea! As this is one of my favorite verses, one I use often, I'm playing this week for sure.

Rose Ann said...

Oh my...this is so incredibly gorgeous and detailed!! I love it, Kristine!!

Helen said...

Oh, Kristine, this is the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen! I love everything about this! It's so incredible!
Blessings!
~H

Kim Yu said...

Oh my goodness, Kristine! This is amazing!

Marcia said...

Absolutely stunning ... love it Kris.

:) Marcia

Candace said...

WOW, Kristine! This is gorgeous! I love everything about it. You are AWESOME! That paper is so pretty and was perfect for this project. Wonderful take on the challenge! LOVE, LOVE IT!!!

Diane said...

Such a stunning project Kristine!
I just picked off my jaw off the ground,it is absolutely gorgeous!
It would take me forever to try and come up with something like this!

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! Kristine, this is just one amazing project girl!! Looks like it took so much time to put together!! This is just amazing!! HUGS

Allison said...

This is brill! Magazine worthy!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This project is absolutely STUNNING!!! And I agree... that paper is GORGEOUS!!! Wow, no wonder you love it so much. What's not to love! You need to enter Danni's Flutterby Challenge.

I'm in awe over the detail and beauty of this, Kris... very much suitable for display. That's what I'd do with it... no way I could give it away!

I love birds, too... especially bird song. And I still owe you a challenge card using my LOC stamps. I haven't forgotten!

Love ya!
Lisa

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW!!!!!! I love this you did such a great job I love the fence border. Stunning work! Hugs!

Danni said...

Wow!! Totally stunning and gorgeous! Love it! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kris said...

This is STUNNING!!! very creative!! love the butterfly paper and that butterfly on the gift box!! Thanks for joining us at Flutter by!! hugs!

Michelle said...

WOW - this is an amazing project. So beautiful!! You are very talented! So glad you joined us for the FBW challenge this week - your project ROCKS!

Kimberly S said...

What an amazing project! Such beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Chrissy D said...

WOW! What a gorgeous box! Love this!

theneon said...

ahhh, no need for a gift inside this box -- the box is a Gift! This is brillant -- everything to perfection and no detail left out.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I have not been blog hopping too much lately since I haven't been feeling well so I had to catch up here. This is jaw dropping girl!! I just love this bird house. I just may have to case this one. Of course it will never turn out as stunning as this. Great take on FBW too!

Hugs,
Chris