Wednesday, January 27, 2010

La-La Weekly Wednesday Challenge

Good morning friends!! First of all, I just want to say THANK YOU for all your comments about my birthday blog candy! It's only been one day since I posted it and I've recieved so many comments already! It's so nice to know how many of you DO follow my blog and you have such wonderful things to say. I am blessed a hundred times over... thank you! (ends Feb. 12th) *Ü*

And now for this week's La-La Weekly Wednesday Challenge, No. 23!
(I'm having so much fun with these girls that the cards practically make themselves! )

Our hostess this week is the very sweet and talented Kim Yu, who came up with a fun card style for us to try... a Gift Card Holder! There's lots of different styles out there... take a look on our challenge blog for more ideas and links to tutorials and come play along with us!!

For my card, I started with an piece of double-sided DP that was 11" x 5.5" and scored it in half first (at 5.5") and then scored each end at 4.25" and then folded accordian style. I ran the whole card through my Cuttlebug with the Top Note die to get the base shape and then I folded the outsides together and I used my Labels Nestabilities die to cut the top portion of the inside flap. Then, just taped the spines and spine sides togther and whala! Oh, and the ribbon wraps around and can slip off.
I used the newly released stamp called Love Note Rosie along with some gorgeous velvet ribbon and prima flowers that Irina sent me in my DT package--thanks so much Irina!! She really is generous and so sweet and easy-g0ing. In fact all of the girls in LaLa Land are just a happy bunch of friends... I just love being on this team *Ü*

WANT FREE STAMPS?? Here are some ways to get them free!

Be sure to stop by the challenge blog to see all our Design Teams cards this week!

17 comments:

Diane said...

Love the gift card holder you've created,so neat!!! And of course Love not Rosie is adorable!! Your papers are gorgeous and those pretty primas and hearts finishes the card so well!
Beautiful as always!

Crystal said...

AWW Kristine soooo sweet, what a great gift card holder!!! Darling image and love how you decorated this project!!!! SWEEET!

Rose Ann said...

Your gift card holder is so cute, Kristine...and I love the shape! Pretty papers too!!

Kathy said...

GOrgeous Kristine!! Love the feminine look of this!! So so pretty!!! The papers are gorgeous and of course Rosie is so pretty ~ especially with her long eyelashes!!!
Hope all is well and that you have a wonderful rest of your week!
:)kathy

Kathy Winter said...

oh my Kris, this is awsome. I'm going to have to try this one out!! Thanks for sharing this:)

Shawne said...

That is so neat, it looks so complicated but you make it sound easy, I love the colors and the dp too!

Becky said...

This is just so sweet, love the flowers.

Pam S. said...

Hi Kristine! You get an A++++ for great use of dies today!!!! lol How creative and such a wonderful presentation for a gift card! the receiver would forget about the gift card and feel the card was the gift...
ok - so that could be "age dependent"! lol
Your Rosie is adorable! love how you colored her and sat her on the ribbon.
tfs!
Pam Going Postal

Sharon said...

Very creative with the labels to make a gift card holder. Amazing!
Sharon
aka celticrafter

Elena said...

What a neat idea with a top note die-cute! I really love the shape of this card holder! I love how you colored Rosie and drew tiny hearts inside the scallops! Beautiful job on this challenge!

Kim Yu said...

awww...so sweet, Kristine! Beautiful coloring! Live how Rosie is sitting on the ribbon! Awesome job! Hope you are having a great day!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Kristine!! Not only are your papers and coloring of the image stunning, I love your design and use of the top note. I may just have to case this design!! Gorgeous

hugs to you my friend,
Chris

Sue from Oregon said...

Cool Card/Gift card holder!

Carolyn Bounds said...

What an adorable gift card holder!!! I love the beautiful and fun paper you used, and you know how much I adore your coloring!!! I also love the little hearts in the scallop border!!! Talk about precious:o) Leave it to you to think of every darling detail!!!

Hugs!!!
Carolyn

Maria Matter said...

this is so great Kristine! It's beautiful and I love that its a giftcard holder!!! great job!
blessings, Maria

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Wonderful!!! And great minds think alike about the gift card holder, only yours is way fancier than mine. Great idea to use the top note die shape! That Rosie image is one of my faves.

Love ya, sweet girl!

Irina said...

LOVE how you combined different dies to create your gift card holder!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those eyelashes on Rosie!!! CUTE!!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina