Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Kathy!

Today is Kathy's birthday, one of my fellow DT members at La-La Land Crafts so we're doing something special for her birthday! Elena (our Birthday Coordinator) thought of a great idea... instead of doing a regular blog hop, we're doing a little WALK OF FAME! Elena has posted several of Kathy's LaLa cards over on the challenge blog, and the DT are honoring Kathy's crafty talent by going into her gallery (or blog) and picking a card to C.A.S.E. (Copy And Share w/ Everyone) on their own blogs. There's so many awesome "Kathy" creations to choose from, but I chose the card at this post.

I think I pretty much got the same design elements on there, although you'll see the difference in the border punch, the colors and DP, my flower embellishment and image, of course. I did not "distress" anything, which is one of Kathy's trademarks, nor did I even come close to case-ing her coloring, so I just made it in my own style. Sometimes ya just gotta know what to leave to the PROs! *Ü*

Be sure to hop on over to the challenge blog for the special dedication post and see who else is showcasing on their blogs if you'd like, and then be sure to stop by Kathy's blog to wish her a Happy Birthday!! Thanks Elena for organizing this fun and special event!!

♪ ♫ Happy Birthday Kathy!! ♫ ♪

17 comments:

Jane Matsumoto said...

Ohhhh! I LOVE cherries! This is too cute for word, Kristine! Love the punched border and the gingham ribbon with the charm... darling!!

Stressed Stamper said...

fab bright colours and love your MS punch - I so need one of those

Kathy said...

Thank you so much Kristine!!! Your card is so pretty!!! Love the DP and this Rosie is one of my favorites!!! Thanks again and have a great day as well!!
:)Kathy

Danderella said...

What a great card! I love the little cherries!

Natalie said...

That is so cute, love your coloring! Happy Birthday to Kathy!

Helen said...

You did a great job on the card! I love those cherries! Yum! :)
Blessings!
~H

Kim Yu said...

Oh my goodness, Kristine! I love your card!Great choice of colors and I love that cherry patterned paper!

Basement Stamper said...

Cute card, I love the font on the sentiment of this!!

Elena said...

Oh, what a sweet card, Kristine! I really like the circles with the cherries! I also like the charm you added! I LOVE how you cased a card and made a special one for Kathy!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so cute, I love all of your amazing details.

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card. I love all the cherries!

Debbie Pamment said...

A CASE inspires someone to make something similar yet to keep their own style - at least that's MY interpretation - LOL! This is FABULOUS!!!! Love the cherries on their discs - great embellishment - may have to CASE that one too!
xXx

Kathy Winter said...

Beautiful card Kris. Love the colors.

Diane said...

Such a cheerful B'day card!!!
The sketch is awesome and the image is cute cute cute!!!

Rose Ann said...

So cute, and I love all of your details...especially your cherries!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Ohh, what a GREAT idea! Love this card, too. The sparkling cherries are a great embellishment. Happy Birthday to Kathy!! Hugs, Kelly

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is another of my favorite Rosies, and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE her with all the cherries. Next to green, red is another of my favorite colors.