Tuesday, December 08, 2009

To a Sweet Little Princess

Isn't this princess with bird darling? I love this new "Lady Sophia" stamp from Paper Pretties Stamp of the Month Club. My sister and I are both in this club and we have fun issuing sister challenges between us. This time there were no guidelines except to use this new stamp. As soon as I got her out and saw the bird on her hand I thought this tree (from Cuddly Buddly) would be perfect so I drew in some grass and made a li'l scene.

I almost put a sentiment on the front but then thought about those fun easel cards so I made one of those, popped up the sentiment piece to "catch" the card front and make it stand up.
I added some punched butterflies (layered the small ones onto the large) and gems. There's also Dazzling diamonds on her... oh, what do you call it? That toulle part on her hat, and sparkly glitter pens on the tree, her hat and highlights in her dress. OH, and you can't see it, but there's also glitter on all those white polka-dots on the paper... that was already in the DP, which came from Paper Pretties as well! They have lots of really great designer papers over there!!

Now hop on over to KATHY's blog to see what she did with this cute Lady Sophia, and I'll be back tomorrow with another fun challenge card from La-La Land Crafts!! ☺

13 comments:

Melanie said...

Aww Kristine! What a cutie...this is adorable. Love all the elements you used here and yes, that tree makes the perfect backdrop!

Melanie

Kathy Winter said...

Wow!! ok I think yours looks better. I still haven't made one of those easel cards.

Love your card! The black backdrop makes the card pop. I tried it and not so good.

Basement Stamper said...

Oh this princess is too cute! I'm working on birthday invites using a princess image (cinderella). Love what you did with her the easel card is perfect!

joey said...

Hi Kristine

your easel card is gorgeous every little girls dream!

Joey.x

Stampin Mindy said...

What a beautiful card! PErfect for a little girl. Lovely coloring!

Sharon said...

You're right, this is a darling card. Paper Pretties always have great stamp sets. You do fine work.

Take Care,
Sharon

Kim Yu said...

This is such a sweet card, Kristine! Love your card!

Irina said...

ADORABLE!!! Love how you combined the images, great idea!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Helen said...

She's so pretty! I love the roses you used! This is a perfect and beautiful easle card!
Blessings!
~H

Clare said...

This card is just so lovely! I love the image and the colours. Love, Clare x

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Cute!!!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome coloring technique, Kristine, and happy, girly colors are so perfect for this sweet image! Fun way to showcase the sentiment on the easel fold; I really need to try this technique!!

theneon said...

this is truly charming.