Tuesday, December 15, 2009

TLC - Beanie Cap Gift Card Holder

This is the TLC challenge on SCS for this week. They are super easy to make! The front rounded part of cap swivels up and out to reveal the hidden gift card inside! (don't let that Sunriver Resort GC fool you! LOL - it's one that was given to us years ago and they let my girls keep the cards after we used them! I haven't boughten my GCs for Christmas...yet!)

One thing to note: if using a pattern such as this lined DP, you might want to pay attention to how the lines are going before cutting your circle in half! I didn't think of that and now they are lopsided. :( Oh well, like I say, "Stamp and learn!"

The snowflake was made with the Nestabilities "Create a Flake One" set. While the c.s. was still in the dies, I sponged them, then took them out and applied 2-way glue to the edges and added Dazzling Diamonds. =) Thanks for droppin' by today! Have a terrific Tuesday!

10 comments:

Marcia said...

That's such a good idea Kristine, and your right about matching the patterns up.

Hope your well
Marcia P

Candace said...

I love this! It makes me want to give someone a GC!

Helen said...

You did awesome! I love it!!!
Blessings!
~H

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! This is so darn cute!! I love it!! I need to make a couple of these!! HUGS

Lori said...

Very sweet! Your little boo, boo looks good anyway. I probably wouldn't have noticed!

Danni said...

Cute!! How adorable!

Rose Ann said...

So cute and creative, girl!! I LOVE it!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love your Beanie Kristine!!! Gorgeous colors and pattern! Love the snowflakes!! Isn't it fun to make?

Sorry I have not been by much, I am so overwhelmed and behind in preparing for everything holiday. Yikes! How are you doing? Are you ready for the approaching holiday?

hugs,
Chris

Pamela said...

This is awesome!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I think lopsided looks more real...LOL! I've seen lots of these cute beanie gift card holders. That's what I should have done for my anything but a card for LLWWC!!!