Sunday, December 20, 2009

SSCC #18 - Gettin' Sketchy

Merry Christmas Sunday everyone! We have a sketch for you to try this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges, drawn up by our talented hostess Kathy! My first card didn't turn out the the way I hoped with a stamped image and so I slept on it and the next morning I thought to make a picture greeting card. This is my favorite picture of my girls from a past Christmas. I almost made the ornament part detachable so she can hang it but then I thought that would be a waste of my pretty black pearls (McMahon Five Designs) and the rest of the card would be so blank, so I taped it on and she can display it as a whole. I'm going to give this one to grandma.

The scripture this week is about the Christmas story, so I encourage you all to hop over to the challenge blog to read the scripture Kathy chose and her thoughts about it. OH, and I can't forget to tell you about our sponsor for this week! It's the lovely Anne House of A Faith Prospective on SNR!! She's offering one player in our challenge a 3-month subscription to Scrapbook News & Review Magazine! Thank you Anne!!

Now I'm off to get ready for church as my girls are in a children's play/musical this morning (they each have solos☺). Wishing you JOY this Christmas Sunday! *Ü*

18 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Angelwood said...

This card is lovely and the picture of your children is so darling. Beautiful job! hugs, Angela

Becky said...

This is beautiful, love that ribbon, and what a wonderful photo.

Sue from Oregon said...

So cute...Grandma will love it. another pretty punched circle too!

Lori said...

Sweet pic! This is a wonderful grandma gift, I'm sure she will display it proudly. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Debbie Pamment said...

What a gorgeous photo of your gorgeous girls! And what a fabulous layout to showcase them! Gorgeous as always!
I've also been playing catch-up on the other wonderful creations you have posted since I went MIA from blogland - inspiring and amazing as always!
xXx

Kristen said...

Kristine, this is gorgeous. Caught my eye right away. Love it!

BananaStamper said...

Beautiful card Kristine! Such a great photo!

Cheers,
Shanna :)

maryr917 said...

this is a super cute card-grandma will love it

Liz Williams said...

A card any granny would love!!Thanks for letting me know about winning last week. I had not seen that. I think I sent my email this evening.

Diane said...

Oh Kristine,this is gorgeous!!!
The girls look sooo little on that picture,too cute!!!

Helen said...

This turned out adorable! That is an awesome picture, too! I love the decorative circle behind the picture! It all ROCK! ;)
Blessings!
~H

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet photo of your girls!! This card is a treasure for sure!!! Love your take on the sketch!! I hope you are enjoying your preparations for the holiday and time with your family. Merry Christmas my dear friend!!

hugs,
Chris

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwwww.....how sweet!! reminds me of my nieces! they are 4 and 6 y/o. I wanted to come by and wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday season. :)

Irina said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Laurie said...

Great take on the sketch, Kristine. Your subjects are adorable...this one will be cherished by grandma! Hugs & Merry Christmas, Laurie

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I LOVED this card the moment I saw it. What a cute picture of your girls!!! She can frame it instead of hang it on the tree!

Randi said...

Kristine, I can see why this is your favorite pic of your girls. They look so happy and lovein' each other. I think you should blow this up into a LARGE print poster and put it in their rooms when they are in their teens. ;D

This is a wonferful work of art. Happy New Year.