Sunday, December 13, 2009

SSCC #17 - Bing it Up!

Happy Sunday morning stampers! I'm very honored to be this week's hostess at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! I encourage you to jump on over to our challenge blog to read all about my inspiration of the scripture and challenge... and be inspired by the rest of the design team's cards!

SCRIPTURE:
Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

CHALLENGE:
Use [crafty] "treasures" on your card or other project... in other words, BLING IT UP! (ie. bling = gems, pearls, dazzling diamonds, charms, etc.)
The first card is made with a free digi by Cuddly Buddly! I made the snowflake with the Spellbinder's Build a Snowflake 1. Sherry Cheever did a wonderful tutorial over on SCS for this. And for my 2nd card... I used a free digi from The Daisie Company. I was so excited to come across this site as they offer a whole gingerbread village and comes with several houses, bank, church, candy shop, etc. as well as gingerbread boys and girls and trees galore. Talk about treasures! You'll prolly need to click on my photo to see all the "bling" - I used dazzling diamonds on all the white spots, and sparkly glitter pens on all the scalloped shingles, doorways, candies etc. Fun card to do! If I had more time I might have made a whole village!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll join us this week with some bling on your cards!! Our wonderful sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp, who is donating a super cute Exclusive Stamp Set that's perfect for a chilly winter! =) Hop on over to enter!!

15 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Kristine,i love your images and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Elena said...

Beautiful cards, Kristine! I love all the bling! Like the gorgeous snowflake on the first one!
And what a cute gingerbread house! I can see how much detailed work you put in it!

peggysue said...

I was looking forward to your post because I had to find out where you and your sister found those cute little store shops/houses, now I know! But what a lot of time it must have taken to color, it looks wonderful, loaded with sugary goodness. :) Nice job on both cards, they certainly do say 'bling!' Great choice of verses for this week too, a fabulous reminder during this season of gift giving to remember where our true treasure lies.

Anesha said...

Really beautiful cards, love the elegance of the first one. The second one is lovely. Anesha :-)

Natalie said...

Wow, that coloring is awesome, love your cards, I'm heading over to Stampin' Sisters to check out your "inspiration" Have a super excellent Lord's Day :-) Blessings!

BananaStamper said...

Great cards Kristine! My fave is the first, but my are those gingerbread houses ever cute!

Hope you had a great weekend!
Hugs,
Shanna :)

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Lovely colors and sparkle. That snowflake is GORGEOUS, girl!! :) Thanks for the addition on the sweet banner for our readers on the KL SNS blog. Hugs, Kel

Christi said...

Your polar bear card is beautiful! I love all the sparkle! The bears are so cute and that snowflake is gorgeous! Your gingerbread house card is amazing! You colored it so beautifully and I love all the sparkle on it too! I really like the verse you chose for this week. Thanks so much for a wonderful challenge!

Jacilynn said...

Great cards Kristine! Super cute images and I love all the color and shine to the candy house. Super cute!
x

Jacilynn said...

Hey, I didn't realize you were in Oregon. I am in Idaho so we are neighbors. :)
x

Randi said...

Why am I not surprised that you made two bling cards!! Both are too cute but I have to say those skaters brought a smile to my face.

Have a great week!

Helen said...

Wonderful cards! I love all the "blingage"! :) Thanks for sharing with us where you found those images. They are darling!
Blessings!
~H

Kathy Winter said...

Love Love it Kris. YOur cards are so sparkly and bright. And the coloring is awsome:)

Pamela said...

Beautiful cards!!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I cannot believe I'm this far behind! But I did see these when they were posted and was WOWED!!! You really went all out on the gingerbread house... that is a LOT of detail... and all with your pencils. Who needs Copics when you do such beautiful work without them!