Sunday, December 06, 2009

SSCC #16 Praying For You

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge hostess: Ceal Pritchett

Sponsor: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps (once again-- Thanks, Korin!!)

Scripture: 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Challenge: make a card or project using images of people (ie..children, men, women) to let someone know you are praying for them.

It's late Saturday as I type this post and it's been a super long day with my kids at a 4-H competition so I am not feeling too chatty right now. But I will say a few words about this scripture. Prayer not only works, but it's my lifeline. In so many situations... any day of the week... any hour of the day, prayer gets me through. To depend on prayer does not make you a weak person, it makes you stronger. And to pray for others is sometimes the best thing you can do for them... to be that intercessor when they feel defeated or hopeless, or just need that extra comfort of knowing that a friend is lifting them up in prayer. There's power in prayer. So please join in this challenge this week and make a card for someone letting them know you are praying for them, and if you don't get time to make a card specifically for this challenge, remember to pray for someone. ☺

Stamps: Dressy Anya (The Greeting Farm--present from Lisa); Praying for You (SU!)

20 comments:

Lori said...

Great take on the challenge, Kristine. Humm, I'm thinking...

Kathy Winter said...

your card is beautiful Kris. Love all the bright colors.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Stampin Mindy said...

I love this stamp! what a beautiful color combo too! The black makes it so eye catchy. Beautiful work!

KanataNewf said...

very pretty.

Anita Hovey said...

Hi Kristine,

I follow your blog, but I dont' come in and comment very often...this card was just sooooo gorgeous I had to stop by to tell you. The colors and the black nestie are just FABULOUS! TFS

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

Denise said...

Very pretty card. Love that image.

Liz Williams said...

I love this adorable card and that gorgeous piece of Basic Grey paper. Your blog header is adorable. Celebrating the birth of our Lord always brings me great joy at Christmas!!

Debbie Pamment said...

I just love the way you use black in your cards - always such a STUNNING result!
xXx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Kristine!! Anya has never looked cuter!! Thanks for sharing your inspiring words despite your exhaustion. I agree with your sentiments on prayer!! We had a wonderful sermon on it yesterday as well. This challenge fit in so well with the minister's message. I look forward to working on this challenge today.

How was your 4H presentation with the girls?

hugs,
Chris

Diane said...

Oh so adorable Kristine!!
You are so right,Prayers help me get through my days,weather it be praying for my family or others!
It is wonderful to talk to HIM!

Natalie said...

Very very nice card,i like it a lot
warm hugs
XXX

Allison said...

This card is breathtaking! I love all the colors and the image! I also wanted to let you know that I received the goodies today in the mail from you from KLNS and I can't wait to play! BTW your card was very cute that you sent me. Thank you very much!

Shaz Wall said...

Your card is Wonderful!

peggysue said...

That is one beautiful card and what you said is so true. If we cannot rely on prayer we're weak, not strong. Fabulous color and paper choices in this card and I like the bit of a black border, helps show that black can be a color on a warm friendly card and not just used on a sympathy sentiment.

Helen said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love the colors and dp! I really like the way you colored Miss Anya's hair, too!
Blessings!
~H

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Love love love!!!!

Randi said...

Kris, this is a super card and thoughtful words.....have a great weekend.

Thanks for the prayers!!!

theneon said...

I am in awe of these rich delightful colors - beautiful patterns and great little Anya!