Monday, December 07, 2009

Our Li'l Christmas Tree

Hope you've enjoyed your Monday? I didn't stamp today... instead I've been spending some fun holiday time with my girls. We made some yummy sugary treats after school and then after their dad got home we decorated our li'l tree. Don't these snowflake lights looks cool? They actually are regular ol' colored lights but my BIL gave the girls some neat 3D glasses that make lights look like they're snowflakes and the other ones look like snowmen (those got lost already, sorry I can't share those cause they are so cute as well!) I held the glasses in front of the camera and after I took it, the snowflakes didn't show up on the screen, but after uploading to the computer they did! So weird! LOL. It's been a lot of fun reminiscing about past Christmases. Each year we give the girls a special ornament that depicts something about that year for them (something they liked that year like carebears or ballet etc) and we write their initials and the year on the bottom. We also have Christmas music playing through the t.v. (the HOLLY channel!) :)

Hope you are enjoying special traditions with your family! Tomorrow night we have a 4-H awards potluck to go to, but I'm hoping to get a card made in the afternoon for a sister challenge between Kathy and I, so I hope to post that before we leave. Thanks for droppin' in! :)

6 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful tree, it is lovely to have special ornaments for each year, started that in the U.K. unfortunately not kept it up here shall have to rectify that for this Xmas, thanks for reminding me. Hope to get our tree up tonight so behind this year. Happy Holidays, take careX:)

Sue from Oregon said...

I have three pair of those 3D glasses for Christmas lights...had them for years. They are so fun!

Kathy Winter said...

Such a cute li'l tree Sis. We never had 3D glasses when my kids were small.

Helen said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree! I bet your girls had a wonderful time decorating and just spending fun time with mom. That is so awesome that you are able to hang out with them like that. They will remember those times for the rest of their lives!
Blessings!
~H

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What a sweet tree! enjoying time with your family is exactly what you should be doing this time of year!

Love ya,
Lisa

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Aww, such a cute little tree, Kris. Wow those 3D glasses are COOL! :) Enjoying time with your family is definitely BEST! Hugs, Kel