Wednesday, December 23, 2009

LaLa Weekly Wednesday Challenge

Hello from La-La Land!! Did you all have FUN on the Fairy Tale Blog Hop?? I sure did--lots of cute cute cards and loads of inspiration! Thanks Irina for a wonderful new release of Princess Rosie!

Are you ready for another fun challenge this week? We're on Challenge #18 this week and our hostess is the lovely and talented Kim Yu whose challenging us to make Anything But A Card! I have to admit that although I've done lots of non-card items in the past, I was just feeling a tad stressed about this one, LOL. Prolly with the busy-ness of the holidays. So I decided to go simple and make another Candy Bag Topper with my Top Note die and my favorite Santa LaLa!

There actually IS blue in my designer paper, although that's hard to see here, so I decided instead of liquid appliqueing her trim, I would use my turquoise stardust gellyroll pens. And the layer behind the sentiment is actually burgundy, not black as it may look here. Isn't she cute?

Now hop on over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the DTs FABULOUS creations this week and enter your own non-card item! One lucky player will get a FREE stamp and 2 others will receive a TOP 3 Award Badge!! If you upload your projects to online galleries, please use the keyword LLWWC18. Thank you!!

As I will likely be away from the computer until Saturday, I want to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! ♥

9 comments:

Becky said...

How cute is she, and your coloring is fab.

Crystal said...

AWWW Super cute Kristine!!!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Elena said...

What a cute treat holder! I love how you colored Lala! Trim looks great with stardust pen!
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Kim Yu said...

This is so SWEET, Kristine! LOVE IT! Have a great Christmas!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun bag topper! that image is just so sweet - perfect match for the candy inside!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yes, she IS cute! I love that blue "fur" instead of white. Your coloring is amazing, as always!

Hugs,
Lisa

Denise said...

Another Beautiful bag topper! Love it.
Happy Holidays.
Hugs,
Denise

Pam said...

Wonderful Candy bag. Beautiful coloring on your image.
Wishing you God's Blessings in the New Year.
Merry Christmas,
Pam

Jessica G. said...

Such a sweet treat and your coloring is awesome, Kristine! This is the perfect 'anything but a card' project for the holidays!!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have some time to relax and enjoy the remainder of 2009!