Wednesday, December 30, 2009

La La Weekly Wednesday Challenge

Good morning! We have a new challenge going on in LaLa Land and we'd LOVE for you to come join us! The wonderfully talented Kathy is our hostess today and her challenge for us is to use CHARMS! Just have to share that some of us on the design team weren't sure we even had any charms so they came up with lots of fun ideas that you can use for charms, like...
  • make some out of shrink-a-dink!
  • use jewelry beads to create a dangly charm!
  • how about cheapy earrings from the dollar store?
  • wine charms?
  • or... Buttons! Especially those with large openings in fun shapes like hearts! you could make those dangle!

Well, those are all really great ideas girls! I dug around and found this butterfly charm, a bead really as it has a hole down the center of it and I played with embroidery floss but wasn't liking my tie job on the ribbon so I gave up and stuck a glue dot to the back of it, LOL. So it doesn't "dangle" but it's still a charm. And a lucky one at that, (cause don'tcha know all things made in LaLa Land is magical!)

And so I just HAD to make LaLa into a Butterfly too! Or is she a fairy? *Ü* Okay, well whatever you want to dream up or imagine... it's ALL GOOD in the land of LaLa! Come play along... you can use ANY stamps you want and one lucky player will WIN a free stamp from LaLa Land Crafts!!

18 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous coloring.

Elena said...

Wow! I really like how you made Lala in Fairy! What a brilliant idea! Gorgeous card, Kristine! Butterfly charm is perfect here!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Oooh, I love her pretty wings and the charm is pretty too. Looks great there on the ribbon (no dangling required LOL)

*Vicki* said...

Hi sweetie!! This is just gorgeous!! What stunning colors and detail!! Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas Holiday and I'm looking forward to the New Year and seeing more of your fabby work!! BIG HUGS

Cindy Haffner said...

Very very pretty.

BananaStamper said...

Fun card, love all the texture. Love how you made her into a butterfly!
Cheers,
Shanna

Helen said...

I love how you made her into a butterfly (or fairy!) This is a fun and beautiful card! Thanks for the ideas on making our own charms! I'm going to HAVE to get some shrink-a-dink!!!
Blessings!
~H

Lori said...

Sweet card! Ok, so you don't dangle, :p Off to check my charms box!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,i love your image and papers.

Happy new year.
Hugs Riet.xx

Steph said...

Gorgeous colour combo!

Melanie said...

Hey Kristine! Thanks for the congrats...and I guess I should be returning them! That's awesome news, and I look forward to being part of the SNS family!!

This card is really cute! I always love checking out your blog, as your cards are always AWESOME!!

Melanie

Deb said...

very sweet. Happy New Year, hugs Debx

Crystal said...

Fun Fun Card Kristine!!!! Lovin the dps!

Diane said...

Fuan and gorgeous card Kristine!
Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Wowee! this is beautiful!!!

Kathy said...

Love this card Kristine but you know that already!! haha That was such a brilliant idea!!
I wanted to congratulate you on your DT spots!!! I am so happy for you!! AND I hope you have a wonderful 2010!
:)Kathy

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I think I already told you in email, but this card blows my socks off! Those wings are FABULOUS!!!!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

gorgeous!