Friday, December 18, 2009

Knitted Baby Slippers

Aren't these little checkered slippers CUTE? My girls and I have been learning to knit in 4-H club. My oldest daughter wanted to make a little pair for her 1-year old cousin Isabelle who we'll be seeing at Christmas time so I helped her make these. They went much faster than the adult size we were trying to get done by Christmas... I still don't even have one slipper done! I was trying to do a pair for a friend and Carly got about 1/2 of one done for herself. But that's okay. We'll keep plugging along on them.

I hope you'll check in again tomorrow as I have another fun and cute project to share... and a recipe!! *Ü* Enjoy your evening!

9 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Oh how precious!!!!! Please tell her she did a fabulous job! You'll get there too! Can I put my order in too? THey look so soft and snuggly!

Hugs,
Lisa

Crystal said...

WOW These are sooo sweet Kristine...awwwww tell her she did AWESOME!!!

Melanie said...

Awww, just adorable!!! How sweet. My grandmother used to make me slippers every Christmas, and they were often in a "check" pattern like these little booties!

Melanie

Davi said...

These are soooo darling!! Your daughter should be very proud of herself not only for the accomplishment of making the darling slippers but for giving them to her cousin!

Sue from Oregon said...

Ha...this brought up a funny memory for me...I started a knitting class in high school and managed to make one slipper and never finished...hope you are more dedicated that I was LOL!

Riet said...

Ohh wowww Kristine,what beautiful,i love the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Diane said...

Oh too cute! They will look adorable on her!!! I'm sure they'll all find them precious!!
That is so neat that all 3 of you are learning to knit together!
Precious time!

Kathy Winter said...

Oh how sweet, I want a pair!! JK. Carly did a very good job. Love ya sis!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Awwwwww, these turned out so cute!!!! They will have to keep them forever!