Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy New Year... Almost!

Another blessed Sunday everyone!! Did you all have a great Christmas? I sure did! Got to see everyone on my side of the family and most everyone on my hubby's side for 2 days. And I just can't believe it's almost 2010 already! Where did this year go? With a new year coming this week, our challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges is to create a New Year's card or project.

Our hostess this week is one of my dearest friends, Lisa Hjulberg (also co-founder of our challenge blog). The scripture she was inspired by is

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior and my hope is in you all day long."

Great passage Lisa. I have to admit that this week I was very rushed to create a card in about 1 hour before we had to get on the road again so I don't feel like I did a very good job on it, and I know that I didn't meditate on the scripture this week. But as I think on it now... as I'm typing, I realize what a great verse it is that I plan on printing it out and creating a card or wall-hanging with this on it, to remind me to ask for wisdom and to always put my trust and hope in Him. I know that God's ways are far above our understanding and we just need to trust that He will not lead us astray. What better way to learn God's truth and understand His teaching than to read His Word... meditate on His Word... and apply His Word to our lives. What a great New Year's Resolution this is.

Here is what I created for today. Doesn't that curly ribbon scream P-A-R-T-Y?!! I thought so, LOL. The cute digis are from our wonderful sponsor this week, The Cutting Cafe! Regina, owner of TCC very graciously emailed our Design Team many digis to choose from for our New Year's projects this week, so I hope you'll head on over to our Challenge Blog to see what they created, and then enter your own New Year's project! If you upload to online galleries, please use Keyword SSCC19. Also, Regina is going to be our wonderful Guest Designer and she has a CaUTE project to share with us, so make sure to check the challenge blog again on Thursday! *Ü*

11 comments:

Randi said...

Love the makeover!! Your card is great. You are so right, that curly ribbon is screaming P-A-R-T-Y. Plus the flower is a neat touch. Have a Happy New Year!

Candace said...

There is lots ot love on your blog today, Kristine!! I LOVE your new background and header - GREAT job!! I also LOVE your card! I love the pink party bow...FUN!! Awesome work! I hope you have a wonderful New Year!! :)

Becky said...

Great card, love the curly ribbon and that awesome flower.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

peggysue said...

P-A-R-T-Y ribbon! And that hat is too cute. Hope you have a good week, I think the card looks great.

Debbie Pamment said...

Happy New Year to you too!!!
xXx

Deb said...

hope you had a fabulous christmas and very best wishes for 2010! hugs Debxx

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Pretty card, and I totally LOVE the blog makeover and the cute little pawprints!! :) Hugs, Kel

Diane said...

Your card looks fabulous as always!
And I love the new look of your blog,so nice and cheery!!!

Crystal said...

Wonderful Card Kristine!

theneon said...

This really is a Happy Happy New Year Card! The colors are a riot -- or should I say, this is a riot of color! Thanks for sharing and congratulations and good luck on the DT! oh yeah, and Happy New Year!