Friday, November 27, 2009

Vintage Birthday for a Special Friend

Happy Friday!! It's also the day after Thanksgiving here, and in the spirit of giving thanks, I wanted to share a birthday card I made for a wonderful friend whom I'm very thankful for, Lisa Hjulberg. She's celebrating a very *special* birthday this weekend (although I won't tell HOW special *wink*).

For her card, I used a newly released set, "Merci Bouqet" from Layers of Color, along with these coffee pearls from McMahon Five Designs. The paper I'm not sure where I got? I stamped the image on watercolor paper with Stazon and colored with colored pencils. I also added some touches of clear sparkly gellyroll pen for pretty highlighting.

And I made another one of these Victorian Rose collector ornaments and sent to Lisa for her birthday. She's just recieved it so I am not spoiling the surprise! LOL.

**Note: I did not come up with the design for the ornament, I buy these in kits that come with the satin ball and a package of beads, pins and silk roses and I follow the instructions and diagrams to put it all together.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Lisa!!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend!!

9 comments:

Lori said...

A beautiful card and gift! Lisa is a lucky girl for sure.

Natalie said...

Lisa will love this!! You are so sweet! The card is absolutely gorgeous and the vintage look is so beautiful! You've done a great job on this! Blessings!

Naoual said...

WOW Kristine, this is stunning! I'm loving the gorgeous vintage style card and the ornament is stunning as well! I'm sure Lisa is loving it too. You did an amazing job.
Now I'm going to hop on over to Lisa's blog to congratulate her with her birthday ;o)

Big Hugs, Naoual xx

peggysue said...

What a gorgeous card! I'm sure she will love it. A special birthday hmmm? One of those milestones? :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

So YOU'RE the little birdie who is leaking word that my birthday is coming! LOL!!!

Thank you so much, my sweet friend. Both the card and the ornament are even more beautiful IRL. I will treasure them both for always, as I will always treasure your friendship.

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Danni said...

Both the card and ornament are gorgeous! You are so talented!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is sooo gorgeous, Kristine!! I love every detail...from the lace and pearls, to the stitching and perfectly colored flowers and vase!! Gorgeous ornament too!!

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Hi Kristine! For some reason those pearls just jumped right off my screen! LOL! Ooohhh and I love that LOC image too! Beautiful card and I bet Lisa will LOVE this card! :) Gorgeous as always!

Sue

Riet said...

Ohhh Kristine what beautiful,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x