Sunday, November 29, 2009

SSCC #15 - Happy Birthday Lisa!!

Today's a very special Sunday because not only do we have a fun new challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges, but my Sr. DT sister [and wonderful friend] Lisa is celebrating her Birthday today!! So in her honor, we're having a little Birthday Blog Hop and each of us DT are bringing one (or more) of Lisa's favorite things. (See what I brought to the party below!)

Our hostess: is the sweet and loveable Randi Barrett

The Scripture: Matthew 2:11, and Matthew 7: 7-11. I encourage you all to click through to our challenge blog to read the whole scripture and Randi's wonderful thoughts about this scripture and what it means for her!

Our Challenge: use gifts or images of giving gifts on our project.

Our Generous Sponsor: is La-La Land Crafts who is donating not one, but TWO LaLa Stamps that will go to one random player this week!! As you know by now I've had the pleasure of Guest Designing for LaLa Land Crafts for Nov. and Dec. and Irina is so sweet and giving. I'm so blessed to get to work with her! Thank you so much Irina!! For my card, I used Sitting LaLa and created wrapped pressies to sit her on. ☺

And now, I'd like to share what else I've brought to the virtual birthday party... dinner and music I thought it would be fun to serenade Lisa with music from her past! Below is a fun video of her childhood icon, Donny Osmond (na, this won't date you at all Lis!) LOL! Turn your volume up and enjoy these pictures to the song "Puppy Love"

I removed the Youtube video as I'm not sure about copyrights of it. I'm glad it served it's purpose her for Lisa's celebration! :)

And after a little entertainment from Donny, I've prepared a yummy Lasagna for dinner. Italian happens to also be my favorite kind of food as well and this looks scrumptious right about now! Dig in!

I hope you'll join the fun by hopping along!!

Your NEXT stop is LAURIE GATTON.

Be sure to stop by Lisa's Blog to wish her a Happy Birthday!! Love and Hugs!!

17 comments:

Marcia said...

Gorgeous card Kris, love your virtual gifts!

:) Marcia

Candace said...

Hi Kristine! I love your card! I love how you tied the gifts together with ribbon, and the lace adds a special touch. Yummy lasagna!! Have a great week! :)

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so cute...and I love all of those big presents!! Love the lace too!!

Kathy Winter said...

Great card Sis! The music and dinner was delicious:) Lisa's going to love it.

Randi said...

Kristine, your card is just the cutest! How fun it would be to have so many BIG presents that you could sit on them. I'm thinking a new car,
new furniture, or a big screen TV. You are so generous! Love the omage to Donny and to eat lasagna as we watch, what a happy flashback.

Sparkle said...

Such a darling card!

Lori said...

I'm just a tad too young for being a Donny fan, but that dinner was yummy! Your card is adorable, fun presents to sit on.

Pamela said...

Fabulous card!!! I love it! And Donny just makes me laugh. :)

Natalie said...

Donny and lasagne, this is a party!! Whoo-hoo!! (lol) you girls are having a blast with this aren't you?!!! Love the card, so creative and that stamp is too cute! The one you sent to Lisa is gorgeous, too! Have a blessed day!

peggysue said...

What a cute, fresh happy card. I like the La La Land stamp sitting on a stack of packages, she looks very happy there. Great coloring as usual and wow, how do you get Donny to visit your blog? He was too busy for mine. :) I'm glad he's able to make at least one appearance for Lisa.

Laurie said...

Kristine: Your card is simply adorable. I love your birthday package 'chair' for the big-eyed cutie pie.

Terry Oulboub said...

How cute - so nice to do this for Lisa! When you mentioned Donny Osmond's song "Puppy Love" the words came right into my head. I was in his fan club! That was the biggest thrill (and the Jackson Five) at that time for me. The lasagna...YUMMMM! How tasty! I love sitting la-la sitting on gifts; that is soooo cute and unique Kristine! I also wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such warmth; it was so sweet! :D

Kathy said...

This is just adorable Kristine! I love how you made the presents!! What a fabulous thing to do for Lisa!! I also LOVE the card that you sent her as well! That was just gorgeous!!!
:)Kathy

Diane said...

Donny Osmond,the love of my teenage life,lol! Thanks for the memories! And my fav pasta,LASAGNA!
It looks delicioussssss!!!!

Your card is beautiful as always,love the presents,really neato!!!

Benzi said...

Donny Osmond, lasagna, and a beautiful card! I just know Lisa will love it all!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGosh, I'm laughing and crying at the same time!!!! Does Donny date me or what??? LOL!!!! I had all kinds of fantasies about how we were going to get married some day! As soon as the song came on, I realized I still know most of the lyrics... this from a girl who usually can't remember what she had for dinner last night. Oh dear me, that is TOOOO funny!

Donny has definitely improved with age. Of course, he couldn't help it with those awful hair styles and clothing... those were some BAD years for fashion!

Oh, Kris, thanks for this treat. You made my day! I'll be laughing for awhile on this one.

And thanks so much for orchestrating this amazing virtual birthday party. I'm only sorry I couldn't enjoy it yesterday due to my date with Mickey Mouse. But I'm still celebrating my birthday all this week, with more lunches with friends ahead, so no worries!

I also love the card... that's me, the queen, sitting on top of all her gifts. And the lasagna... Italian all the way, baby! I am blessed beyond measure.

Love and hugs to you my dear sweet friend,
Lisa

Helen said...

Super cute card! I love her sitting on those packages and the colors are awesome! Eventually, I'm going to have to get some of these La-La-Land stamps! They are so cute!
Blessings!
~H