Sunday, November 22, 2009

SSCC #14 Give Thanks

It's time for another Sunday challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. We are very honored to have our very first sponsor, Our Daily Bread Designs, back again and donating this fabulous Christmas stamp set just in time to make some beautiful cards for the holidays!
This will go to one random player and it could be waiting for you! I know this week will be super busy with the holidays and such, but I do hope you'll take the time to come join us in fellowship and enjoy our DT's inspiration and be uplifted up by the Word of God.

Our hostess this week is my sweet friend HelenPhelps who picked this verse for today's inspired challenge: Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Her challenge for us is to make a Thanksgiving card, or a card to thank someone.

A thought on this verse... I think we've all been there haven't we? Growing tired of doing good, and sometimes it's harder than other times. It might be easy when what we do is well received and we get praises and thanksgiving, but those times when the good we're doing becomes monotonous and thankless, when friends have seemed to disappear or people you felt safe with suddenly turn on you and snap at you, it's much harder. I've had one of those weeks. Ironic thing is that when it comes to card-making, I don't usually give up... I keep trying until I'm satisfied and would be proud to display it on my blog. But when it comes to difficult people situations, it's easy for me to withdrawl and give up and say, "I don't need this... I think I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do and these people are so hard to work with and it's so frustrating." But the Lord tells us "do not grow weary of doing good, for we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Easier said than done, but with God all things are possible and He gives us the strength for each new day. It's amazing what God is doing through our challenge blog. Bringing scriptures and challenges at just the right time. He knew someone (me this time) needed this verse this week.

On to my card... maybe the personal stuff has affected my creative juices or something because this weekend has not been my most creative. I think whatever mojo I might've had took a flying leap somewhere. I just wasn't happy with anything that I was creating. But even though I made more "throw-aways" than keepers, I did not give up, Lol. So, after I uploaded my first card (below) I went searching for something else I could do... something with an image I could color perhaps... and then I came across this really great site with cute digis called "Sew Many Cards." I downloaded this cute Donkey and Turkey image and love the way this one came out. My kids found a pack of feathers after I colored my image, so they don't match exactly, but I just HAD to use em anyways.

I'm looking forward to thanksgiving with mom and dad this year. I'm thankful for family that lives close by so we can get together for holidays and such. I'm also thankful for all my friends including all of you... my blog friends! Thanks for visiting me every so often and chatting when you do.

Here was my first card. The wreath stamp is by Verve and is prettier than I made it look, LOL - but I'm sure my mom will like it though, so this one's going to her.

I will leave you with a request... a silent prayer request. We all need lifting up in prayer at times and although it seems a little weird at times to ask it for myself or my family, sometimes we just need to ask. So, thank you... in advance. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

17 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Beautiful card!

Sew Many Cards said...

What an honor to see such a wonderful card with a SMC image! You did a fantastic job and I love the added feathers too!

Angela

Maria Matter said...

Praying peace and love over you and your family Kristine!!

Your cards are beautiful, love the fun top card with the feathers and your very elegant wreath card!!!


take care
Abundant blessings, Maria

Candace said...

Hi Kristine! I love your card today! It is wonderful! I've got to go check out Sew Many Cards...never heard of them before. Thanks for the enabling. :) Also, I loved what you shared about your thoughts on the verse...so heartfelt. I know exactly what you mean. I'm sending prayers up for you. Hugs!

Davi said...

Kristine, My week was also a little trying so this Scripture also was very appropriate. Your card was fun and made me smile and this card is very beautiful. Will be praying for you and your family.

Risa said...

Hi Kristine,
Both of your cards are beautiful!!! I love the playfulness of the first card and the feathers are fantastic! Your second card is stunning!!! Such beautiful colors and clean details.
Take care and have a beautiful and blessed day.
hugs
Risa:)

alienanessa said...

Wow, I just love your creations!! I can't believe how awesome these two cards are!! =)

Lori said...

I like your 2 very different cards! Prayers for you and yours, hope all is well.

Helen said...

I love both of those cards! I love that cute little donkey trying to be a turkey! He makes me laugh! It kind of reminds me of times when I'm trying to find myself and what I'm doing is just not working for me! lol That wreath on the second card is so beautiful!
Blessings!
~H

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

I have been thinking of you all week, and the Lord knows how dear you are to me . . . I hope your week has been better, dear friend! :)

These cards are both so beautiful. I love the wreath. I actually thought it was a metal ornament that you had adhered to the card until I read it was from Verve. Hugs and prayers, Kel

Kristen said...

Oh, Kristine, I am so sorry to hear that you are having a bad time right now. I do believe their comes a time when you do just have to say"enough". Sometimes we take more than our share. Good luck with what you are working out. Virtual hugs your way.

Your cards are suoah cute. The first so fun and the second so gorgeous.

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Bless you loving heart, Kristine, always there for others. Well, we're here for you too, girlfriend! God will hear your name on the lips of your sisters in Christ, mine included! May you feel His mighty presence hugging and encouraging you!

Have a very blessed Thanksgiving with mounds of joy, love, laughter, and pumpkin pie! LOL!

Spiced holiday hugs!

Jessica G. said...

The Verve wreath card is a definite keeper; it's so elegant. But my fave is the turkey card -- tell the kiddos that the feathers are the perfect embellishment!!

theneon said...

Oh, you have shared so much -- not just the amazing cards (despite your disclaimer). Thanks be for Thee! You mother's card is elegant and the "feathers" were a great addition to the delight of the other one! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! What a brilliant set of creations hun!!! Love the gorgeous details and a perfect challenge too!! I'm not sure if I will have the time to join or not, but I sure love looking at the wonderful inspiration!! HUGS

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I am always here to pray for you and lift you up when you need it! Both of your cards are wonderful! I love those sweet images in your main card, and I think your wreath card is lovely!

Just remember not to keep beating a dead horse... ask God to help you discern when it's a question of continuing what you are doing or "doing good" in some other way.

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Niya said...

Cute cards.
Love the color combination.
Thanks.

Regards,
image coloring