Sunday, November 15, 2009

SSCC #13 - Shadow Box Cards

Happy Sunday Morning!! It's time for another fun card challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!

Peggysue is our hostess this week and has chosen this scripture: "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." 1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJV)

Our challenge is to create a shadow box card! Peggysue says, "No more shadows, no more dim reflections when we get to heaven!" (Here's a link to a tutorial on SCS for a shadow box card. And here's Laura's tutorial for an alternate style of shadowbox card you might like.)

Our sponsor this week is Layers of Color!! Perfect timing as they are having a New Release stamps party all weekend and has very graciously donated this beautiful set, "Butterfly Collection" for one random player in our challenge!

Laura (owner of LOC) has been soo wonderful to work with these past couple of weeks behind the scenes. Very sweet and I just have to mention, she so graciously donated this brand new release clear stamp set to myself and my other 2 Sr. Design Team members, Lisa and Kathy! A Huge Thank You Laura for your generosity!! Here's what I made with this beautiful set:

I (once again) used my favorite Hickory strips (McMahon Five Designs) to make a window frame. The larger butterfly is 2-toned with rust and ruby red and stamped on designer paper. I folded the side flaps in and taped together and hid the seem with some wide celery satin ribbon and tied on top. It also helps hold the "valance" on.


For the butterflies on this next one, I stamped them in versamark on white cardstock and sponged chalks on (Poppin' Pastels technique). This verse is a "Plain Jane" by Verve Stamps.And yes, I have a 3rd one too! LOL - call me ambitious... that's me! I am not quite finished with this one... it still needs a sentiment on the front. That's where I got stumped. I hate to cover up the pretty paper, but it feels incomplete to me, so I'll think about it some more. Any ideas? :)

Hope you'll come on over and see what all our Design Sisters have made this week and get inspired to make YOUR OWN shadow box card!! You could WIN this fabulous butterfly collection of stamps! ☺

STAMPS: Butterfly Collection (Layers of Color); Plain Jane verse by Verve.
Photobucket

19 comments:

pinky said...

Just gorgeous, have never tried one of these but with your inspiration maybe I will.
Pinky

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Wow! these are Beeeeeeeeeautiful!! I'm gonna nave to try one of these! they look fabulous! Happy sunday to you my friend. :)

Davi said...

Kristine, Each of your three cards are so unique and beautiful.Love all the different techniques and creativity!!Wonderful! :)

Ice Princess Scrapz said...

Oh my goodness, your creations are absolutely stunning! I'm so inspired that I just had to become a follower of your blog. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us and joining this fabulous blog hop. Your creations really made my day! Hugs and blessings, Helen

Kathy Winter said...

All 3 of these shadowbox cards are amazing Sis. You did an excellent job. I'm so amazed at what you come up with next. It's awsome and I really admire you for your creativity:) Love you!!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Oh my, ooo, aw...WOW! Each one is amazing and gorgeous, Kristine!! I can tell you love this format! I love the window, it's so warm and cozy like a friend's home. Makes me want to go inside and have a cup of tea! Wonderful idea to put the ribbon around the edge!

Your blue card is so peaceful, combined with that verse,the joyful colors, and touch of bling, it's glorious!

And your last card is so richly patterned and colored, such a striking strong focal point of the beautifully colored butterfly! And the lovely scalloped side and frame...Wow! I'm in love with this one!

What a joy it's been to work with you, Kristine! Our new friendship has been a gift that I thank God for!

Have a blessed Sunday!

HugsZ!

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! Kristine, this is just AMAZING hun!! I so love each of these projects and the images are so stunning!! I sure hope to find the time to play along with you all today!! On my way to see all of the creations!! HUGS

Crystal said...

Oh my word Kristine these are STUNNING!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful, cute and gorgeous! The last one is my favorite. Awesome work, as always, dear girl. You rock!!!

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Danni said...

Oh my word!!! These are all so stunning...wow! I {heart} all the butterflies...just gorgeous!

Candace said...

I love all of your cards! They are all amazing! But, my favorite is the first one...I thought "WOW" when I saw it. I love what Laura said about just wanting to go inside and have a cup of tea...it has a great, cozy feelign to it. Awesome job this week, Kris!! I love seeing your creations. As for the last card, maybe a small sentiment would work so that it wouldn't cover up that beautiful PP...like maybe just a small "hello" in the center or off to one side. Not that it's not perfect just the way it is, but you asked! :) LOL! I hope you had a great Sunday! :)

Randi said...

WOW Kristine, I have now appointed you the queen of the shadow box cards. Every single one is just stunning. Making the first one into a box is so inspirational. I am thinking of turning that one into a little box for the grand kids to sit on their dresser....or tear apart "looking at it". :o)

Super, just plain, super!!!!

Jessica G. said...

Wow - now I'm picking up my jaw from the floor so I can comment on these amazing cards! Gorgeous butterflies on all of them; your colors and shading are stunning. And the fold techniques - perfect. Love, love the wood trim on first card; it's a perfect summer vignette.

You really outdid yourself with this post and that's not an easy accomplishment. Awesome, my friend!!

Marcia said...

Kris, these are sensational. Wow.

:) Marcia P

peggysue said...

Wow! I was wondering when we'd get to see the other cards you made for this week, yay, here they are! They're all magnificent but I think the third one is my favorite, the color is so rich and the paper so detailed. I wouldn't change a thing, you can add a sentiment on the back side where it won't detract from the card! Look how many cards you cranked out this week, you are a creative whirlwind!

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Kristine! This is yet another adorable creation with the wood! :) I didn't even get a sneak peak this time! I just happened to get a happy surprise while visiting! Thanks and all of your cards on this post are beautiful!!

Sue

theneon said...

Awesome!!! These all qualify for that description. Great job.

Helen said...

Oh my goodness! You really outdid yourself on these cards! The card with the window frame, WOW! Incredible! The other 2 cards are just as beautiful!
Blessings!
~H

Rose Ann said...

Oh my...they're soooooo beautiful, Kristine!! I love the butterflies, and each card is so different and fabulous!!