Friday, November 13, 2009

A {Prettie} Easel Birthday Card

YAY, it's the weekend, and full of fun surprises and prizes!! But I'll get to that later. My daughter is going to a birthday party this afternoon so I whipped up a card for her to take. My sister and I sometimes do our own personal "sister challenges" and it's been a while since we've done one, so last night we decided to both use our SOTM club stamp from Paper Pretties! Isn't she cute? Hop on over to Kathy's blog to see what she made with this Make a Wish Sophia! (after you finish reading mine first of course! *wink*)

This is called an "easel card" and I have no idea what kind of tutorial there might be out there because I didn't use one. I've been seeing these cards all over lately, and when you see the side of the card, you can pretty much figure out that you score your card front in half and then on the outside top of card, add tape to just the half that's closest to the opening of the card. Then add your seperate, decorated piece. I'm guessing that's how they did it?! LOL - of course you need something bulky to hold the "easel" in place after it's open, so I used buttons.

I used this Paper Pretties stamp called "Make a Wish Sophia" and all my decorative papers came from Paper Pretties too! In fact, they have a ton of really cute papers over there as well as stamps and other embellishments! Want a chance to WIN a free stamp set from Paper Pretties? Christie is sponsoring us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges this week, so head on over and enter to win!!


Tomorrow morning starts a fun Blog Hop, so I hope you'll join in on the fun for more fabulous prizes!!

Tomorrow is also my day to host the KLSNS blog, so you can find me here and there... a little bit of everywhere this weekend! Hope to see ya 'round! :)
Photobucket

19 comments:

theneon said...

Pretty fantastic for just whipping something up for a birthday girl!

Debbie Pamment said...

I love the way you say you've just whipped this up, it's absolutely gorgeous - me, I take time to create - keeps me away from housework longer - LOL
xXx

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Kirstine I had to stop annoyemous user because of the content quite annoying that some people just spoil the fun, well back to your card absolutely divine love the papers and the image, just love the whole card, haven't tried the easel yet, but it does look a fantastic shape.
Christine x

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Kristine. Love the image you've used and the perfect colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Lisa Foster said...

Oh My! This is so gorgeous! What a pretty color palette! Love your design too! These easel cards are so neat!
Hugs,
Lisa

Helen said...

Wonderful job on the easel card! It's so pretty! That image is too cute!!!
Blessings!
~H

Christie said...

OMGOSH Kristine, this is absolutely fabulous, the paper pieced skirt, the flowers, the ribbon, ahhhh - thud!

Kim Yu said...

This is so darn cute, Kristine! She will sure love it! Have a great weekend!

Shawne said...

I'm sorry to hear about your family post, I have a private blog for my family pics to avoid problems. Anyway your card is absolutely beautiful!!! Love the image and the bow!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Kristine!!!Love your easel card! Sweet image! Beautiful coloring and details!

Have a great weekend!

hugs,
Chris

Katie said...

Super card Kristine! Wonderful color scheme and coloring.
You know I love this style of card, I made 3 this week alone! LOL

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Okay, now you're just showing off figuring out how to do the easel card on your own. I need step by step lessons!!!

Really cute card Kris. You always make those Sophies shine.

Now on to see what else you've been up to while I've been working...

Kathy H said...

Cute!!!

Maria said...

Hi Kristine!

How are you doing? Looks like you've been busy making beautiful cards! LOL! Wow, I love this card and the iamge! Such a cute image and you colored her so beautifully! You color your images with such perfection! I have to try this easel card. . .I've seen it on SCS and been meaning to make one. I love what you did with this technique.

Hey, just to let you know. . .when I clicked on your comment link, it wouldn't open up the comment section. . .I had to manually click "open in new window" for it to pop up.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Maria

Danni said...

This is just so pretty! I love everything about it!! Awesome!

Liz Williams said...

Such an adorable card. I love those easel cards.

Natalie said...

Love the easel card, I need to learn how to make one of these!! Cute, cute, cute!!

Jessica G. said...

Cute, cute! This card definitely deserves to be displayed on an easel. Your attention to detail is amazing; every time I look at this card I see more little touches that really make it spectacular!!

Marcia said...

Your work is so stunning and this is a real beauty.

Hope your well
Marcia P