Sunday, November 01, 2009

Marvelous Magical Marquee Card

Good morning! I love Sunday mornings, don't you? I love to wake up and start my day at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge blog and read the scripture challenge they have going on. Our DT has come up with some very wonderful challenges and the little words of encouragement they share along with it just makes ya feel at home there. Love that! Our sponsor this week is CHF (Cornish Heritage Farms) and look at the fabulous stamp set & Goody Bag Liz is donating!!


YOU COULD WIN ALL THIS!  COME PLAY & ENTER!!

THANK YOU LIZ & CORNISH HERITAGE FARMS!! Beautiful stamps!!


The lovely Pamela is our hostess today and she shares Deuteronomy 31:8, "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." What a comforting verse, especially in times of turmoil or when we feel very alone... we're not!

And our challenge is to create something about when God is "unseen". (ie. scrapbook LO that reminds you that God is always with you; a card to encourage a friend and remind them that God is with them; or something to hang on your wall. Please click through to the challenge blog to read what Pamela had to say about this scripture!

As you will see, I took this challenge pretty literally. I followed Jan Tink's video tutorial (well mostly! I did make a larger card and used Nesties for cutting the openings) to make a Marvelous Magical Marquee card. This is another Pastor Appreciation card as I needed 2 this month.

I included several pictures so you can see how the card opens to "magically" reveal the picture of Jesus. (By the way, did you see that I stamped 2 hands that form a heart on the front and inside to frame the opening? The hands are a "Heart & Soul" stamp from The Rubber Stamp Shack, our sponsor last week) The verse on the front is from the Jesus set (Our Daily Bread Designs) and goes right along with this challenge. It says, "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God!" Matt. 5:5. Sooo, the hands form the heart and then you open the card...

to reveal... Jesus!

This inside panel is Red Oak Wood paper from McMahon Five Designs. Yes... I'm having a ball with that stuff as I've used it on about 4 or 5 cards already in the past week or two! :)

The inside verse was printed on my computer and says, "So you too, when you see these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door." Matthew 24:33. (I was hoping the wood piece would resemble a door.)

I took a slightly different road with my verses for this project, although the main jist of my card hiding Jesus and then revealing Him totally aligns with Pamela's challenge. This inside verse is actually referring to Jesus' Second Coming. Our pastor speaks of this often, so I wanted to incorporate it into his card. We do not know the exact day or hour of His return, but we do need to be ready. Verses 42-44 of the same chapter says, "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

How about you? If Jesus were to come tonight while you are sleeping, do you know for sure you will go to be with Him in Heaven? If not, PLEASE email me (link at the top of my blog) and I will share some more with you so that you can have full confidence, without a shadow of a doubt that you are God's child and you will go to spend eternity with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

17 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Truly Inspirational card, fantastic colouring of Jesus, so life like! Love the colours used and yes it does look like a door. Love the way the card works, going to pay Jan Tink a visit, not tonight though! Take CareX:)

Lisa Foster said...

Oh my word this is absolutely stunning! What a glorious creation! I really really LOVE it!
Hugs,
Lisa

Lori said...

I felt so peaceful when I looked at your card. Then to see the inside, so beautiful a likeness of Jesus! Thanks for sharing your talent and words!

Kathy Winter said...

This is truly amazing Sis. Every bit of it is gorgeous. You're so awsome:)

peggysue said...

I did not see that the hands made a heart until you pointed it out, but I see it now. I hope others will see it too! What a great layout to help illustrate that verse, its perfect. And I think the wood grain paper helps frame it wonderfully well.

Sparkle said...

What a gorgeous card! It's so neat how it opens up.

Randi said...

I saw this tutorial but I haven't tried it yet. The message in your blog and card are so spot on!

Ceal said...

Kristine,
Your card is beautiful I am sure your Pastor will love it

Irina said...

Absolutely AMAZING!! I have not seen this type of card before, WOW!!! Perfect for the image and the sentiment!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Debbie Pamment said...

AMAZING job!! What a fantastic way to use this card fold - I've only seen Halloween versions before - truly inspired!
xXx

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Hello, dear Kristine! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! Every Saturday I have craft club for ladyes. We do cards, quilt, crochet, cross stitch too. It very not usual and new to Russian culture. I to study from different blogs how to make cards, made quilt and to use different technics. We are missionary to the Far East Russia. We are russian. We live in city Birobidzhan, it is the Jewish region in Russia. A lot of Jews live here. They have synagogues and to celebrate religious holidays. But many of them do not know the Christ. We have 2 daughters. Polina is 9 years and Liliya is 3 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English. May I ask if you can send some stamps for our club?
Nika
--
You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
and our family ministry blog
http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory

Helen said...

Wow! What an amazing card! I'm speechless at it's beauty!
Blessings!
~H

Barbara said...

Kristine, this is absolutely gorgeous! What a fantastic job you've done!

Kristen said...

Kristine, this is gorgeous. Your coloring is fab!

Christi said...

Oh, wow!!! Your card is absolutely amazing! I love the hands that form the heart and the Jesus image you find inside when you open the card. What a beautiful card!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Kris, you totally win the prize on this amazing creation. It blows me away! And I love what you wrote. Although completely undeserving, I'm ready when He comes!

Pamela said...

This is seriously SO awesome! :)