Wednesday, November 11, 2009

LLWWC12 - Die Cuts N' Punches

Happy Wednesday!! This is my 2nd post for today, so if you're looking for my Inky Impressions Ornament card, please see my post below.

It's time for a fun LaLa Weekly Wednesday Challenge!! This week our hostess is Kathy and she wants us to use our Die Cuts and Punches!! You can use any stamps you want, but if you have La-Las, why not show them some love! You will have til Sunday night to enter to win this Building Snowman Maya stamp that I've used here!!

I decided to make a SNOW GLOBE! Well, a card that looks like one anyway! =) This was so fun to make. I saw this tutorial over at SCS. I had to adjust my measurements since this image was too large for the measurements given. (I believe I cut my circle 4.5" in diameter and they called for a 3.75") Aren't these some of the CUTEST winter stamps?!! Here's a sideview so you can see how I did the inside. It says, "There's no friend like a SNOW friend" which I printed from my computer.

Come on over to La-La Land Crafts blog to see more inspiration by the awesome Design Team and Guest Designers!!


See ya in La-La Land!!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Elena said...

I love the Snow Globe shape! So cute! Love the snowflake you added and lace borders! What an amazing card! Love your idea with the inside sentiment too!

Kathy said...

Kristine this card is just adorable!!! I love this idea and that image is perfect for it!! So cute! Love the papers and the colors are just gorgeous!!!
:)Kathy

Risa said...

Oh My Word...what a stunning card!!! Your images are over the top cute and the snow globe is fantastic! Awesome job!
hugs
Risa:)

Candace said...

Oh, Kris, this is just awesome!!!! I LOVE it! :) You did a wonderful job. I have got to get me some of that Eskimo Kisses PP and I also need to check out Lala Land! I had to due comment moderation, too. I had posted some pictures of a family vacation and someone (I have no idea who it was) left me a comment telling me that I would be pretty if I lost weight. Then he also started attacking my faith and would not stop emailing me. So that's why I do somment moderation. I totally understand!

Helen said...

OH, this is too cute!!! I love it!
Blessings!
~H

Alex said...

What an adorable snow globe card :) Just cute! Love the sentiment too.

Thanks for sharing.

Alex from England x

Deb (dcorder) said...

OMG! Is this cute! LOVE IT!

Kim Yu said...

OMG, Kristine! This is so CUTE! I love this snow globe card! So amazing! I need to make one of these! Thanks so much for the inspiration! hope you have an awesome day, Kristine!

Danni said...

Oh wow!! This is just the cutest and oh so clever! Wonderful job!

peggysue said...

Oh my word, I just squealed when I saw your card, can we say cute? CUTE!!! And I'm getting closer to being finished with my paper fast . . .less than 40 to go! So I'll be remembering that Eskimo Kisses paper . . .

Lori said...

I adore the snow reindeer!!!!
Very nice snow globe!

Maureen said...

This is totally awesome! Love the snow globe card and your coloring and the 'bellies are perfect! Also love that snow cap on the top!

Jane Matsumoto said...

I fall in love with this snowglobe card every time I see it! It's adorable, both inside and out. That faux snow sitting on top of the globe is awesome!! xx Jane

Debbie Pamment said...

I LOVE snowglobe cards and this one is just AWESOME - I couldn't help but smile when it popped up on my screen! FABULOSO job Kristine
xXx

Kristen said...

Hehehe, I just made one that I am posting tomorrow. Love yours better though. Did you use Flower soft for your snow? my snow doesn't look so hot. Great card. I also made mine bigger than what SCS called for. My Inky image was to big for the globe. Love it.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Too too cute and totally clever! I'm definitely going to try that snow globe technique.

I'm so glad you're on the LLLC GDT Kris!

Hugs and high fives,
Lisa