Saturday, November 07, 2009

60's Tilda and a Snowflake Challenge

Happy Saturday everyone!! WOW... Deb sure gave us lots of yummy goodness yesterday over at KLSNS with her sparkling snowflake tutorials, didn't she?! Absolutely beautiful--go take a look! Sooo, I sat down last evening to make a challenge card - with SNOWFLAKES, and look what sketch I came across!! Friday Sketchers, with this huge snowflake as the sketch! =)
I don't have a huge snowflake die or anything, so I sized this sketch to 5.25" square and printed it out, then stuck a piece of pink dp behind when cutting it out... Wha-LA! Then I added Dazzling Diamonds to the edges.

This is 60's Lollipop Tilda from the Little Yummy for your Tummy collection, and this DP is called Eskimo Kisses by Basic Grey (but I'm sure you already knew that as it's sooo popular right now!!) I realize now after taking the picture that I forgot those circles in the corners, so I'm prolly out of luck with entering, LOL - BUT, maybe it'll inspire you to get out those snowflake punches and try our November challenge!! Don't HAVE punches? That's okay! You can use designer paper with snowflakes in it, or how about snowflake ribbon?! We'd LOVE for you to play along and then enter your card/project using Mr. Linky! Also, if you play in our challenge AND grab our snowflake challenge blinky (code in my sidebar) and post in your sidebar, you will get an ADDITIONAL chance to win a sweet prize!! Ends Nov. 30th.

Thanks for dropping by today!! Hope I've inspired you to Ink Something! =)
Photobucket

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Good morning Kristine!

This card is just adorable! I love this image...I have it too! She's so cute, and what a fabulous colour combination you chose here!

Great job...as usual!

Melanie

Helen said...

Too cute! I love the embossed snowflake paper behind Tilda and that snowflake in the corner is gorgeous! I ran across that same sketch yesterday and was trying to figure out how to get a snowflake that large, but my trip to Michael's proved no luck, so thanks for that idea! :) I'm always looking for a new template and now I'll have a large snowflake template! Thanks! :)
Blessings!
~H

Danni said...

What a cute card!! Great job!

peggysue said...

That is very pretty! I'll have to check into that tutorial later this weekend. She is a sweet little stamp, and so much sparkle!

Sparkle said...

Very cute! I love love the huge snowflake.

Irina said...

Love how you made the large snowflake!! You are just so clever Kristine!!! Gorgeous card!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Crystal said...

AWWW Tilda is sooo cute!! LOVE the dp and colors Kristine!!! Another great creation girl!

Barb said...

So colorful!! And the image is just too cute! Fun card with lots to look at.

Barb

Diane said...

Such a sweet card,she's adorable,just like you!

Diane said...

Such a sweet card,she's adorable,just like you!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I just read why you've switched to Comment Moderation. How awful Kris! Are they spammers or just rude people? Honestly, I don't get what motivates people to be so hateful.

On happier subjects, this card is DARLING! Oh so sweet. Clever girl for figuring out how to make your giant snowflake.

Hugs,
Lisa

Deb (dcorder) said...

That's so cool that you drew that large snowflake! I swear I thought it was a die! :D