Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A {Vintage} Pearl-escent Card

Ok, to be honest... I have NO CLUE what constitutes "Vintage" LOL - that's never been my style and every time I attempt it, it really doesn't look vintage at all. BUT, I really like how this turned out (vintage or not)!

Today is Inky Challenge Wednesday and we have a sketch for you to try... but, you'd better hop over to the challenge blog to see the sketch because I didn't exactly follow it to a "T" =)

I was going for that soft look... you know, that "barely colored" look with the brown tones to really give it a vintagey feel, but like I already said, that didn't turn out! I kept adding more and more color... and then! OH, the glitter pens jumped off the counter and worked themselves into my image as well!! Couldn't believe my eyes!! Well, a couple things I do know I got right... Nikki knows how to apply her eyeshadow this time, she must've gotten some practice since my last card! LOL And the other thing I think I did right is adding these beautiful coffe pearls up the side! LOVE THEM!!

Great news! Inky Impressions is gearing up for another FUN BLOG HOP!! This time we'll be showing some majorly cute winter stamps AND some fun new embellishments ... oh, I'm so excited--they are super duper cute! Stay tuned for that coming up soon!
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope I've inspired you to "Ink Something!"

Photobucket

19 comments:

Crystal said...

Kristine WOW Nickie is BEAUIFUL!!! LOVE your coloring technique and the added stitching and bling BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so gorgeous, Kristine!! I'm loving all of those pearls, and your fabulous lace!!

Melanie said...

Kristine, this is beautiful. The colours are soft and pretty. I think you pulled off a vintage feel...I too love that look, but have yet to master it! lol Lovely job.

Melanie

Patti said...

Wowzers..... Your coloring is amazing! Beautiful card!

Kim Yu said...

Oh my goodness, Kristine! This is so stinking cute! I love what you did to Nikki's hair! Totally awesome! Hope you have a great day!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Kristine, I love this card!!! I think you have quite a few Vintage aspects on your card ;D. The rose paper is Vintage, the lace, the lace punched border, the pearls.:D:D See, you did not do so bad, I love it!!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, love the cute image and the papers and details are beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

Helen said...

Love, love, love those pearls! gorgeous! You did a great job making it look "vintage"
Blessings!
~H

Sparkle said...

Such a gorgeous card. I love your coloring details on her.

Lori said...

This turned out just spectacularly! I would call it vintage, though I'm not really sure what that entails either!lol

Shawne said...

It is really pretty and does look kinda vintagey with the jewelry and lace. I like it too!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Kristine!! I love your take on the sketch!! Your coloring is gorgeous!! Love all the pearls and lace!!
hugs,
Chris

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Kristine she is absolutely beautiful! I am in LOVE with this card! The stitching, all the bling, your coloring, those papers, the lace layered over the martha punch border...... I am mesmerized by this card! ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!

HUGS!

Nicole (Inky's Mama) :)

Danni said...

This is such an amazing card! Love it! How fun to give her eyeshadow too!! Great job!

Diane said...

Vintage look or not,it is gorgeous!
Lets just call your vintage style,it is just beautiful Kristine!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

How pretty! and your details are just wonderful!!

Randi said...

Love the eye shadow!! I wore that same color in the 70's ROTFL

Kristen said...

I think you did "vintage" beautifully. Your card is gorgeous. All your elements are wwonderful.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

As the proud recipient of this beautiful card, may I say it's even more fantastic in person. I just sat and stared and stared and it, and moved it around to see it sparkle! I shall treasure it always, Kris... just as I treasure your friendship beyond words. Thank you thank you thank you!

Lots of love,
Lisa