Sunday, October 18, 2009

SSCC#9 - A Savior Has Been Born...

We've posted a new challenge today at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges and we'd love to have you join in & play along with us! Lisa Hjulberg is our host this week and the scripture she chose is Luke 2:11: "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. "

Lisa would like us to make a card or project featuring the nativity or other images/verses that relate to Christ's birth! Our sponsor is Taylored Expressions, who is donating a beautiful Christmas stamp set which will go to one random player... thank you Taylor!! :)

I knew exactly what stamp set I was going to use when I saw the challenge: The Nativity, (limited special edition) from Paper Pretties! Then I thought of using some of my new wood from McMahon Five Designs to create a barn in the form of a Diarama Card! This not only makes a wonderful Christmas decoration, it can also be folded and mailed in an envelope!



I used real wood (Teak wood) for the inside back of the barn and Hickory strips for the front sides and roof. I haven't made many tutorials but I took several pics along the way to show how I put this together. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them! :)












Thanks for looking! I hope I've inspired you to "INK SOMETHING" today! Come see what our Design Team has made this week & play along!! Doesn't have to be anything complicated... we love to see very clean & simple cards too--come show us what you've made!!


Photobucket

27 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Kristine, this is beautiful, love that you have used real wood too
hugs Mandy xx

Lori said...

Love the real wood! This is such an adorable deco/card! Very clever...

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Girl, this totally knocked my socks off when I saw it, and now I'm even more impressed to see how you did it!! I bow to your greatness!!! Thanks for the tutorial. You are sorely tempting me with that wood paper...

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Sparkle said...

Such a gorgeous set up!

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Kristine, this is wonderful! I'm so happy you've shown us how to make this! Just precious! :) Michelle

Randi said...

This knocks my socks off!!!!! It is so unique and the wood paper is intriguing me. I think the grand kids would love to have this in there mail would love it just the same. You are an inspiration.

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

YEAH! A tutorial! How awesome that it folds flat too! I just love everything about this project, Kristine! I better set some of the wood strips aside for myself! :) Thank you!

Melanie said...

Wow Kristine! This card is beautiful! I love this unique design. (the stamp set is absolutely adorable...I love nativity stamps!)

Melanie

Candace said...

Kristine, this is GORGEOUS and so creative! I love that not only is it a card, but you can actually set it table or something as a decoration at Christmas. Beautiful job! Have a great Sunday!

Davi said...

Kristine, this is wonderful. I love the dimension the whole way you set it up and how it collapses. Awesome

christie said...

WOW - THIS IS AMAZING Kristine! Absolutely stunning!

Danni said...

This is so creative and clever and wonderful! Wow, great job!

Julie Masse said...

This is just incredibly beautiful!! I love the wood and the wonderful coloring!! Amazing! :)

peggysue said...

I am just blown away, real wood, yet it folds into an envelope for mailing? Wow. This is so precious and all the details are wonderful.

Pamela said...

This is AMAZING!!! Thanks for the detailed instructions! :)

Diane said...

Such a beautiful card Kristine! Love what you did with the wood!

Diane said...

Such a beautiful card Kristine! Love what you did with the wood!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is incredible Kristine!!! I just love your nativity scene!! Great use of Sue's wood paper!! Great coloring!! I know I will be doing this challenge but I think it will have to wait until Thursday or Friday.

Hope all is well!!
hugs,
Chris

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Kristine - hope this takes pride of place in your home at Christmas time - it's fabulous!
xXx

Michele said...

Oh Kristine this is just beautiful, love everything about it. Hugs Michele x

Marcia said...

This is what cardmaking is all about - art. You've wowed me with this.

Hope your well
Marcia SBS4

Marcia said...

This is what cardmaking is all about - art. You've wowed me with this.

Hope your well
Marcia SBS4

Helen said...

This card is so awesome! You totally rock! Thanks for sharing with us how to make it, too!
Blessings!
~H

Benzi said...

Kristine, this is the perfect card for this wonderful challenge. Now, even more, I need to get some of that wood paper. Awesome job on this nativity and I love it!

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary!

Rose Ann said...

OMgosh...your nativity is totally amazing, Kristine!! Beautiful, and so creative!! I LOVE it!!

Kristen said...

This is amazing Kristine. Stunning. I love, love, love the stamp. Did you get it long ago? I checked the company,and they no longer have it. Bummer. Gorgeous. One of my favorites.