Sunday, October 25, 2009

SSCC #10 - I Chronicles 16:34

Good Morning!! Another Sunday...another wonderful challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! I made a couple of cards this week for Pastor Appreciation month, and I'm happy to share one of them for this week's SSC Challenge.

Laurie Gatton is our host this week, and the scripture she shared is I Chronicles 16:34 “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Being the songleader that I am, this song popped right into my head and I'm even singing it now. It's an awesome song by Chris Tomlin, and taken right from scripture which I believe every bit of is "God-breathed, or God-inspired" - I am sooo thankful that God loves me and wants what is good for every one of his children.

The challenge for this week is to make a card that expresses your thankfulness for someone or something they have done... OR to make a card that encourages someone to be thankful. What a wonderful thing to do! There are so many people that I need to make thank you's for, but I'm sharing one I made for my pastor & boss, to thank him for being a servant of God as a pastor, and to thank him for being a wonderful boss. Isn't October boss' day too? Hmmm, I think I missed that one, so I hope this makes up for it, LOL.

Isn't this image of Jesus amazing?! I love the soft expression in his face and the slight tilt of his head... and then to stamp it up and see all the detail, LOVE IT! This set, "Jesus" is made by one of our SSCC sponsors, Our Daily Bread Designs. To make the frame, I used Label 2 Nestabilities to cut out this real Maple Wood paper from McMahon Five Designs (another one of our lovely sponsors!). I am loving this wood and it's so reasonable priced. I also bought these beautiful coffee pearls there too! Here's what I did with the inside of card.

Our sponsor this week is The Rubber Stamp Shack, so come on over to the SSCC Blog and see what fabulous stamps they are donating AND see all the wonderful cards by our Design Team! We'd love to have everyone play along! It's not required to use scripture on your projects, but you may if you want. We accept ALL styles of cards from Cutesy to vintage, grundge to elegant ... COME PLAY WITH US!! =)


CARD RECIPE:
Stamps: "Jesus" - Our Daily Bread Designs; sentiment I printed onto DP with computer
Paper: K & Company, "ancestry.com"; watercolor paper - ProArt, 140 lb.; Walnut wood paper, - McMahon Five Designs
Embellishments: Coffee Pearls - McMahon Five Designs; Nestabilities, Labels 2; Moroccan border punch - EK Success

Photobucket

18 comments:

Davi said...

This card is so perfect for your pastor. Wonderful is the gentleness of Jesus in this image. I love the wooden frame and all the embellishments. I'm sure he will feel blessed to receive this card

Candace said...

Kristine, this card is GORGEOUS! Your pastor is going to love it. I especially love the sentiment. If you don't mind, I think I will steal it and make one for my own pastor. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside. I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL work Kristine.

Kathy Winter said...

Sis, this is BEAUTIFUL!! Your Pastor is going to Love it for sure. I love all the wonderful details, the embelishments and of course the great image of Jesus himself:)

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Kristine this is GORGEOUS!!!! Stunning work and how you framed your image looks awesome!!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

LORi said...

Beautiful!!!

peggysue said...

I am sure your pastor is going to love it! What a great deal of thought and care you put into it. The wood paper too, a remembrance of Jesus early years as a carpenter . . . so many details tie in so well.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gorgeous Kris! You are rocking that wood paper dear girl. And I love those antiquey looking pearls.

I'm envious that you can sing. Me, I'm a star in my own shower.

Love ya!
Lisa

Pamela said...

Oh I just LOVE this! Awesome job!

Danni said...

Wonderful card!

Randi said...

I love the wood paper as it adds to the texture of the card. I am going shopping at McMahon Five for sure! The inside is as beautiful as the outside, just like you!!

Your Pastor will love it. Have a great week.

Diane said...

Absolutely stunning Kristine!! Your coloring is fabulous!
Im sure your Pastor will adore it!

Laurie said...

Super, incredible card, Kristine! Wow!

Helen said...

Awesome! That is a wonderful portrayal of Jesus. You used those beads that I am falling in love with again, too! :)
Blessings!
~H

Helen said...

Awesome! That is a wonderful portrayal of Jesus. You used those beads that I am falling in love with again, too! :)
Blessings!
~H

Rose Ann said...

Stunning, Kristine!! Wonder Jesus image...and you've colored it beautifully!! I love your frame, pearls, and pretty bordering!! WOW!!

MariLynn said...

Kristine, this is so pretty. I love the sentiment.

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous coloring on an impressive image and that wood is amazing -- also a perfect accent!