Sunday, October 04, 2009

Let the Earth REJOICE!

Happy Sunday!! It's my turn to host the challenge this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! I invite you all to come play along. You do not have to use scripture on your creations, but you may if you'd like!

Great news!! We have 7 new Design Team members joining us each week!! WOOOHOOO... God has been very good. We had lots of applications which made the decision extremely difficult, but like Lisa said, everyone is "chosen"... chosen by God for their own ministry! We can all be a blessing to others through our own creative blogs. Come meet our new Design Team and see what they've made for our challenge today!!

Our sponsor this week is none other than.... VERVE!! WOW...I'm so very excited about that! Julee is such a lovely person and her stamps are just fabulous, including many scripture stamps and lots more fabulous (non-religious) ones as well! I chose several verses this week that all have the theme of giving praise and rejoicing, but I focused on one from the Verve set that Julee is donating; Psalm 97:1 "The LORD Reigns, let the earth rejoice; let the distant shores be glad." My challenge for you is to make a card (or other) showing the "earth rejoicing" (ie. flowers blooming, trees bursting with fruit, waves or mountains, etc.) [Please click through to read my whole article]

I used a digi image from McMahon Five Designs and was so inspired by her sample card using this Cosmos flower, so I tried her technique of printing various sizes of flowers and layering them! LOVE how it turned out. My photos make the flowers look like all the same shade of dark pink, but there really is some lighter and darker shades on it. I printed on watercolor paper, heat set it with a heat gun and used my SU! markers to color. I used Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, and a little bit of Rose red near the centers. Then I pushed the ink around w/ a waterpen! My dark pink and red markers were almost completely run out so I really had to press it to the paper in blobs (rather than coloring with them) but the water pen helped spread it around so... WHEW! Sue has an awesome tutorial on watercoloring digis! I also added some dazzling diamonds on the edge. The sketch I just kinda made up as I went along. It worked for me. I also used my sewing machine--just loving the elegance that gives a card! :)

Thanks for looking and I hope you'll come join us over on the SSCC Blog!!
Photobucket

24 comments:

Marcia said...

Kristine, this is a truly beautiful card. Wow.

:) Marcia P

Debbie Pamment said...

Your flower is STUNNING Kris!! And love the ribbon matched with the black and white spotty border - an awesome way to frame your centrepiece - you always come up with fabulous ideas!
xXx

Candace said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Kristine!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Kristine this is so striking.

Kathy Winter said...

Absolutely beautiful Kris. WOW!! I think that says it all:)

Sue from Oregon said...

Beautiful card!!!

Lori said...

This card is so classy! I really like the dots.

Sparkle said...

What a lovely card!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Love, love, love your card, Kris! That flower is absolutely fabulous... the entire setting is so eye catching. I love rich colors like these. The butterfly and bow are just the right touches! So is the gel pen dots around the mats. Yowser!!!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Kristine, this is so stunning!! I love the beautiful flower and the layout is awesome!! TFS! HUGS

Danni said...

Wow!! Truly amazing and gorgeous!

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Kristine! I'm glad my sample card inspired you, but HONESTLY...your card BLOWS mine away! LOVE IT!!! I don't think those dried up markers slowed you down at all! Beautiful coloring!

I'm adding this one to the gallery too! :) YIPPEE!

peggysue said...

What a bold, colorful design and flower! This is a joy-filled card!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Hi Kristine,

Thanks for the nice things you said about my card....it means ALOT coming from you. I just looked at your cards and they are AMAZING!!!

I have been wanting to make cards and donate them to my church, so I have been practicing and just happened to find the stappinsisters blog...isnt God amazing...he loves paper too =)

I am looking forward to the inspiration you wonderful girls share!!!

thank you and have a blessed day,
Sarah

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is incredible Kristine!! I just love your design, colors and flower!! I can't wait to do this challenge!! Yours is magnificent!!
hugs,
Chris

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Kristine and such lovely colors. Have a great week! Cami

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, love the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Kristen said...

Kristine, this is GORGEOUS! Pops right out at you. Stunning! You right, the stitching gives a fabulous touch of elegance. Love this.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Wow...this is really beautiful. I love everything about it.

Rose Ann said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Kristine!! Your dimensional flower with sparkle is amazing, and I love the colors and "dotting" you've done!

Pamela said...

Your card is AWESOME!

maryr917 said...

this is such a beautiful card, kristine-thanks for hosting the challenge this week and all your thoughts on praise and rejoicing

Helen said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love how your flower pops! And I love love love the butterfly! Your work always amazes me.
Blessings!
~H

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

TESTING