Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Inky Challenge Wednesday

Embrace Life!
Happy Wednesday!! We have a new challenge for this week over at Inky Impressions Challenges! Part of this week's challenge was actually my suggestion (don't hate me! LOL) and it's to use NO Designer Paper... and ADD Stitching! =)

I have to admit, it's a nice change to put the dp away and use my cuttlebug again! And since it's breast cancer awareness month, I used this LiLi's Awareness Ribbon, which by the way, A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation & also The American Diabetes Association. I made this card for a special friend who is like a second mom to my girls. She is a breast cancer survivor of 9+ years. I found a poem by Suzy Toronto called, "It's Me Again... Only Better" that is about her battle with cancer and what it taught her. It's really good in case you want to Google it! =) I printed it for the inside of my card.


I added crystal effects to the ribbon to give it some 3D and make it stand out. Here's a close up:HOP on over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of our Design Team made and play along!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

This is stunning Kristine!!! I'm soo hoping we get some of these new Inky Impression images at our local store!!! But you always do an AMAZING job!
xXx

Annette Bowes said...

Absolutely gorgeous, how fantastic is that colouring! Love the flower too. Take CareX:)

Melanie said...

Kristine, this is beautiful. Your colouring is superb. We just lost a very dear lady from our church who had battled breast cancer on and off for 15 years. She was an incredible lady, and looked to her cancer as a means to minister to others. Her life was a fabulous testimony to praising God even in the tough times. My daughter just picked out a new stamp set for herself...Flourishes' Think Pink set, with the intention to make a card in Lynda's memory to send to her family. Made me tear up!!

This stamp is just beautiful, and I'm sure the recipient will love it! Again, fabulous job.

Melanie

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty Kristine.

Patti said...

This is adorable! Love the image and the embossing! Cute, cute, cute!

Shary said...

This is gorgeous Kristine love your colour combo and the way you have made your background paper.

Jenny said...

Great card...perfect for this month!

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! This card just rocks hun!! LOVE the colors you've used with this!!

Lisa Foster said...

What a beautiful card! I love everything about it!
Hugs,
Lisa

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Kristine, I just love your dry embossing and color combo!! This is gorgeous!! Love your layout and coloring!!!
Gorgeous as always my friend.
hugs,
Chris

Danni said...

Wonderful card!!

Lori said...

Fabulous colors on this card! Your coloring and highlighting are beautiful!

Diane said...

What a beauty Kristine!!! Love that you cb only half of the pink,and your coloring is awesome as always!!

Marcia said...

Great challenge, love the idea of no DSP. Love that image too.

:) Marcia P