Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Laurie!

Welcome to our Birthday Blog Hop!! We (at Stampin' Sisters in Christ ) are celebrating our DT sister Laurie Gatton's birthday today with a special suprise BLOG HOP!! :) If you didn't start at the SSCC blog, you'll want top hop on over there to get started right away! If you HAVE been following along, then welcome to the party!!

I brought some yummy Sparkling Punch to the party! It's made with pink lemonade consentrate, white cranberry juice, club soda, and fresh mint sprigs... YUMMY!! :) HELP YOURSELF!!

Sparkling Punch

Here is the birthday card I made for Laurie:

I used this beautiful butterfly from a set of 4 called "Winged Things" (I believe it's an older SU! retired set that I bought used from someone). I stamped it onto watercolor c.s. with Versamark, and heat embossed with black e.p. Next I sprayed the wc paper down real well with a water bottle and then I used an aqua pen and ink refills to "squirt" the water in the sections. The white circle layer is cuttlebugged with the Swiss Dots folder and added machine stitching (my newest favorite "tool") and a MS border punch.

Be sure to stop by Laurie's blog and

wish her a Happy Birthday!!

Your next stop on the Birthday Party HOP is Candace

{Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new SSCC card challenge!!}

Photobucket

23 comments:

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Yummy! lemonade! and what a pretty arrangement of it. :) Gorgeous card too! wow! I love the 3D effect. Happy Birthday Laurie!!

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! What a beautiful card! I love the colors you used! That butterfly is simply OUTSTANDING!
Happy Saturday!
Hugs,
Lisa

Mary said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors you used! That butterfly is awesome.

Mary

Candace said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love that butterfly! That punch looks so yummy, too! Have a great weekend!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...your big butterfly looks gorgeous, Kristine...and I love the pretty colors!! Beautiful edging too!!

Happy weekend!!

Pamela said...

LOVE your card! And that punch looks delicious. :)

Ceal said...

thanks for the lemonade! What a beautiful card!

Misti said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks for the recipe for the lemonade! YUM!!

Kathy Winter said...

That "sparkling" lemonade looks delicious Kris:)

Your card is BEAUTIFUL. Love the colors.

Danni said...

Ohhhh, I love this!! Gorgeous!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Gorgeous card and lovely birthday party, Kristine!

Annette Bowes said...

Absolutely stunning card, what a fantastic way to use this set, that butterfly is just beautiful, another project on my to do list, great stitching too, take careX:)

Sparkle said...

Such a gorgeous card! Matches the punch perfectly!

Deb said...

beautiful card Kristine, the butterfly is stunning! hugs Debx

Melanie said...

Hi Kristine,

Just wanted to say thank you for coming over to my place and leaving such a kind comment! I really appreciated it! Your card is absolutely stunning...the colours are gorgeous together. I hope to continue to participate over at SSCC...what an awesome blog!

Thanks again,

Melanie

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful card - you use black so well with other colours - very dramatic
xXx

Natalie said...

Beautiful butterflies!! What a pretty card and thanks for the refreshing lemonade!

MiamiKel said...

Your card is just stunning! The butterfly is gorgeous and how sweet to make some punch for her! TFS!

Joanie said...

That is one gorgeous card and the pink lemonade is over the top.

Laurie said...

Thanks for the beautiful bday card.

Randi said...

You make lemonade look so good. LOL
Your birthday card for Laurie is so beautiful. The colors you used make it so attractive to the eye. The stitching adds so much detail and reminds me of a butterfly net. Just gorgeous.

Kristen said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous...The colors are perfect. Love this card!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I meant to say sooner that this card is absolutely stunning!!! I remember that SU set so well. It was always a favorite. It looks like a real butterfly just landed on your card. Beautiful!!!