Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Celebrating with You in Your Baptism

Happy Tuesday!! I have a very special card to share today. It's one that I made for a friend of mine who was baptized a couple weeks ago, and I mailed it out last Tuesday, so I'm hoping she's gotten it by now?! *biting nails*

This is a 6" square card... larger than I normally make, but I had the idea for this in my head for a couple days and had to make it larger to get everything on it the way I imagined. :) The sentiment I just printed on my computer. This is my all-time favorite Magnolia... "Tilda with Lamb" that I got from KL Stampin' N Scrappin' store months ago (from the Easter collection) but it's so versatile for various ocassions like baptism or even Christmas!! Stay tuned for some Christmasy ones! :)

For the black frame, I used my plain oval Nestie, taped it onto black c.s. and then layed a larger scallop Nestie outside that and taped it down and then ran it through the cuttlebug to give me that frame, and then I used pop dots to attach it so it gives dimension. Tilda is also pop dotted to the front. The paper is a soft aqua color with glittery dots all over that I thought was PERFECT for baptism since it resembles water. And then I added a personal touch with all the stitching. Here's a pic of the inside.

Thanks so much for stopping and looking!! I hope you all have a wonderful day today :) xXx
Photobucket

26 comments:

Shawne said...

It is beautiful, lucky friend!

Shawne said...

It is beautiful, lucky friend!

Pamela said...

Wow...I love this!!!!

Jenny said...

So pretty! Love it!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful.

Helen said...

That's beautiful! She will love it!
Blessings!
~H

Sparkle said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love all the layers and borders.

Crystal said...

Kristine this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Your coloring and colors are gorgeous!!! She will LOVE this card!

Kim Yu said...

Simply beautiful, Kristine! I love the colors and the LO!

Candace said...

This is gorgeous! I love the sentiment on the front. That is so true...I never thought of it that way.

Danni said...

Wonderful!! So very beautiful!

Seleise said...

Beautiful card with a darling image! Great job!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Kristine, that image is so perfect for a baptism card!! I just love it!! Your coloring, design and sewing are fabulous!!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Your friend will be celebrating even more joy!

Patti said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous,gorgeous!What a great card! Everything about it is perfect!

LORi said...

WOW Kristine!!! This is beautiful!!!

Hugs ~ LORi

Marcia said...

Stunning, love your colours.

:) Marcia P

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous baptism card - love the way you've used the black with the softer colours - stunning work!
xXx

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous baptism card - love the way you've used the black with the softer colours - stunning work!
xXx

Cami said...

Beautiful baptism card, Kristine. The blue and black combo is so pretty and I do love that Tilda with her lamb. You have done a wonderful job! Cami

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful!! I love the images and all of your FABULOUS stitching!! Wow!!

Diane said...

Awwww,cute!!!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

I totally LOVE IT, Kris! I got it in the mail yesterday (same day as your post), and I think the sentiment is beautiful (very touching). The color scheme is so pretty and makes the center stand right out. Thank you, dear friend. You really mean a lot to me!! Hugs, Kelly

Anne said...

A beautiful card with a lot of great details!! Your colouring looks great too! =)

Greetings from Anne (Norway)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Ah, Kris, this is just so sweet... and such a lovely thing for you to do for Kelly. She'll treasure it for sure. Great stitching, by the way.

Love ya,
Lisa

Korin said...

Wow, Kristine! I LOVE this and your sentiment is wonderful. I feel a new stamp coming on.... :)