Sunday, September 13, 2009

SSCC4 - A Sketch For You

This week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges we have a fun sketch for you to try! It's pretty easy peasy, so I made 2 of them! We'd love for you to play along too! If you upload to SCS or other galleries, please use SSCC4 as a keyword. Our sponsor this week is GinaK Designs who kindly donated not one, but TWO gorgeous stamp sets!! You have until Saturday, 19th at midnight to get in your entries this week! =0)

Our scripture is one of my favorites and Lisa chose it this week. It is "Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

...and the challenge is to use this sketch (ie. plans!) Great sketch and Genius idea Lisa! ;)

This verse is so powerful and one I have memorized and treasure. It reminds me that God is so much bigger than my little world...my problems...my little plan for my own life! When things start to crumble around me and I don't understand why things are happening, God has a PLAN! And HIS plans are always so much better than mine! He gives blessings upon blessings that I never saw coming! Our God is an awesome God!

I created 2 cards again this week. I love how easy and versatile this sketch is! I also got some cute new stamps and stamped images from KLSNS and Inky Impressions that I wanted to show ;P This first one is Chef Tilda from the Little Yummy for Your Tummy Collection!

Hey Good-Lookin'... whatcha got cookin'?


And my second one used Cowgirl LiLi which is a brand new release from Inky Impressions!

Cow-Girl at heart ♥

Come on over to the SSC Challenge blog to see what the rest of our SSC Design Sisters have cooked up!!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Helen said...

Awesome cards, Kris! That verse is my favorite and I have it at the bottom of my signature in my e-mail! I love the new Yummy for your Tummy collections of Magnolias! And those new Inky Impressions are adorable! I won't wait until the last minute for this challenge, as I already have a plan (and I'll get to use one of the stamps I got in the mail yesterday!)
Blessings!
~H

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh both cards are adorable.

Danni said...

Love both of these! I'm so hoping to get to try this sketch this week!

Julia Aston said...

Love your little girls on both cards! what a fun sketch!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Amazingly wonderful Kris! You make the most beautiful cards, and Magnolias and Inky Impressions are made for your sweet style! I still can't believe you use w/c pencils to achieve those gorgeous results. And your DP is great... I love it all! And you!

Hugs,
Lisa

Sparkle said...

Both of these are just darling!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi kristine. :) Hope your having a nice sunday. These are so cute!!

Davi said...

Both of your cards are soooo cute! I especially love the cowgirl one. Awesome job on both. blessing

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous cards Kris - you know I love Magnolias - and I've finally got 2 Inky Impressions to play with - and these new ones are gorgeous!!! And as always you've done an AMAZING job!
Also - yup - got my swaps x 6! And yup - scary having a child heading off to uni next year :( where did the years go!!??
Lotsaluv
xXx

*Vicki* said...

Holy cow girl!! These are sooo precious!!! Love both of them and the coloring is just perfect!! You really rocked BOTH of these designs!! Love that yummy ribbon!! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such an excellent challenge Kristine!! Love your creations!! Both are phenominal. I love the lasso rope you added on the Inky Impressions Cowgirl stamp. Perfect coloring as always!!

Dani said...

These are both so cute! Wonderful job!

Crystal said...

Wow Kristine, fabulous creations!!!! LOVE your colors and stitching on the first one...and I soooo adore Cowgirl Lili....These are BEAUTIFUL!

theneon said...

Kristine -- these are both adorable -- and even though I live in "out west", I have to say I love the little "what's cooking" the best!

Michele said...

Gorgeous cards Kristine. Love the way you've coloured in the images and the papers you've used also.Hugs Michele x

Diane said...

Oh these are too cute Kristine!!!

Rose Ann said...

Awe...Kristine...they are both so VERY cute!! I love your perfect ribbon on the first, and your cute rope on the second!!