Sunday, September 27, 2009

SSCC #6 - Psalm 19:14

I'm so glad you came by today! We have a new challenge posted over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges and I hope that you will at least come on by and see our DTs inspiring cards, and see what fabulous prize our sponsor has graciously donated to one random player! I'm very excited that our sponsor this week is Kelly, owner of KL Stampin' N Scrappin'!! As you know, I've been on Kelly's DT all year long and I have to say that she is one of the sweetest, most compassionate & genuine people I know and I can truly say that my life is blessed for having met her!! She's become a treasured friend as well. I hope she won't mind me telling you this, but if you haven't visited her blog lately, that you prolly didn't know that Kelly was Baptised into Christ last Sunday!! =0) What a special milestone in the life of a Christian... I wish I could've been there to witness that, but since she's clear across the country from me, a card will have to do (not sharing it yet as I want it to be a surprise). Anyway, I hope that you'll stop by her blog and store if you haven't already and get to know her for yourself ☺ You'll be glad you did!!

Lisa is our host this week and she chose this verse:

Psalm 19:14: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight Oh, Lord, my strength and my redeemer."

Her challenge to us is to create a card to let someone know you are thinking of them or praying for them. I really needed this challenge this week, so I made not one but two cards (and will prolly make more this week!) Here's my first one.
Colors are Elegant Eggplant, pink and Silver:
This Scripture she chose is a prayer that I (and every Christian) should have in our hearts and minds as we aim to glorify the Lord in all that we do and say. I'm ashamed to admit that I have said things at times that I know were not pleasant or "acceptable in the sight of the Lord" so this is a good reminder. I made a "Thinking of you" card as well as a "Praying for You" card. I hope you like them?

We'd love to have you join our challenge this week. Remember, even though our challenges are inspired by Scripture, you do not have to use Scripture on your cards. If you upload to online galleries, please use SSCC6 this week. =0) Have a wonderful Sunday!!

STAMPS: Everyday Blessing , Papertrey Ink (Card 1); Keep My Lamp Burning, Our Daily Bread Designs, SU! (Card 2) / PAPER: Basic Grey (both cards)

Photobucket

18 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Kristine your cards are beautiful.

Danni said...

Stunning cards!

Sparkle said...

What lovely cards! I love all of the butterflies.

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! Kristine, these are both really gorgeous cards!! What beautiful detials and colors!! TFS!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Beautiful verses, beautiful cards. I don't mind that you told about my baptism at all. I was very touched by your sentiments, sweet friend! I would have loved for you to have been here, too. {hugs} Kel

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful cards! I love the stitching, the lacey punch, nestie framings and pretty bow on the first one and the octagon shape on the 2nd one is lovely!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both beautiful Kristine!!! I just love how the sentiments are the focal point and the gorgeous paper you used!! Great stitching!! What an awesome verse and challenge again this week!! I already completed my card for the challenge too after my parents left.

orchids R4me said...

They are so beautiful. Where can I purchase the first card's scripture. That is so beautiful and would be a great addition to my collection and a card for my Best Friend as she is going threw some tough times being away from her family.. thanks. Lisa
remydelco2@aol.com

Sue from Oregon said...

lovely cards and lovely sentiments!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful cards, Kristin, in every way -- gorgeous DP, uplifting sentiments and verses, and amazing details!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE both of your card... and you for your sweet spirit and awesome friendship. You're the best, Kristine! I'm so glad the Lord brought us together!

Hugs,
Lisa

Betty Wright said...

Kristine, these are gorgeous and so beautifully done!!! Fabulous colors, patterns, and detailing!!! Wonderful scripture cards!!!

BananaStamper said...

Very pretty and thoughtful cards. Cheers,
Shanna :)

Diane said...

Such pretty verses and cards!!!

Cheryl Walker said...

Kristine these are BEAUTIFUL I love them both!!! I love the pink and black one, of course pink is my favorite color, but I love the stitching, and the layout, and the ribbon, and your bow!!!! I love the dp, and the stamp sentiment you used!!! Beautiful job hun!!!!

On the second one, I love the color combo, the layout, the sentiment, and the dp!!! Where do you find these stamps??? I need to get me some:) You will have to let me know. I dont think they are papertrey, but will look to see what sentiment sets they have!

Thank you again hun,

Hugs,
cheryl

Kristine said...

I went back to add the links to the sets I used in my recipe :) THANKS!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Wow...these are really beautiful!

Sonia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards!!

**Sony**