Sunday, September 06, 2009

SSC Challenge Number 3

...hey, that rhymes, lol =0) Happy Sunday! It's my turn to host this week's Scripture Challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges, and I hope you'll like this challenge as much as last weeks'? In any case, we have a fabulous new sponsor who's giving a $20 voucher to her new store, McMahon Five Designs. Sue has a variety of things in store including flowers, digi images to download, wooden papers, envy-lopes and more! I was drawn to her store by the unique wood papers... these are not just designer paper made to look like wood, they are actual thinly cut pieces of wood in many different kinds of wood. In fact, her website just got a "Facelift"! Go check it out!!

She also has a blog and offers some fantastic tutorials like how to watercolor digi-images!! I personally used her technique on this cute turtle and it SAVED me! I tried to do this before but since my only medium for coloring is watercolor, I failed miserably. But with her tutorial it worked like a charm! Thanks Sue!! =0)

Okay, on to my cards. I chose to do a Back to School theme this week. After this, please hop on over to our Challenge Blog to read the scripture for today and to see what the other Stampin' Design Sisters have made!

Okay, I came up with this saying and thought it was totally cute! Especially considering some turtles are "Snapping" turtles... and the fact that my 9 and 10 years old girls are now saying that (thanks to the Disney channel!) and if you read today's verse and my challenge, it's about encouraging our children (or teachers)... so I had to laugh at the thought that this card is actually encouraging my kids to make silly excuses to their teachers at school! LOL. What a great example I'm setting huh?! BUT... I can laugh, because I KNOW that they would never actually use this as an excuse! Also, my daughter's 4th grade teacher has a turtle for a classroom pet, so this was perfect for her! :)

And my next card uses Story Time Sophia, my August SOTM club stamp from Paper Pretties! I followed their sketch challenge this week. This winner gets a $15 GC to their store, so my sister and I both participated. It was amazing how much our cards ended up alike! We both used the same stamp, and the same Nesties! Hers is better though and I really hope she wins it this week! (you can see her card on our SSC Challenge Blog). This is perfect for my oldest daughter--she loves to read! This inside sentiment says, "A good book is like a good friend... the best part is on the inside!"

Hope you'll play along with us this week! Remember that our challenges can be used in combination with ANY other challenges you are doing... we just ask that you mention and link to us in your post! :) THANKS!
Photobucket

18 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love that turtle, and your coloring on him is fantastic.

--Love the sweet little girl, fab sketch.

Hugs Cindy xxoo

Danni said...

That turtle card is just out of this world good!! LOVE it so much, awesome!
Little Sophia is cute too but that turtle steals the show..

Lorie said...

Oh, Kris...both of these are amazing! I need to use my new Paper Pretties stamp too! :o)

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

OMG! The homework coming out of his mouth is TOO AWESOME! LOL! My son is laughing beside me! Perfect job on this little cutie!

Julia Aston said...

Love your turtle and the great design on that card! and your little reading girl is adorable - a pretty pair of cards!

BananaStamper said...

Oooh, I love your turtle card Kristine! And what a great sentiment!

Shanna

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh wowser! Your coloring of that turtle is fantastic! I must check out that video tutorial... And the "greeting" is very clever and makes me smile! Love, love, love this card!!! And I love your Sophia card, too. That is definitely one of my favorite SOTM images... and you nailed it, as always!

Love and hugs,
Lisa

christie said...

OH MY GOSH Kristine, that turtle card is hilarious! I love it - my twins LOVED Nemo! They had a nemo border and when they were just learning to talk, Jacob would look up and point at the turtles and say, "tootoos Mama, tootoos" LOL!
AND, your Pretties' card is GORGEOUS!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh Kris - what to say - these are GORGEOUS!!! I especially LOVE the turtle card - what gorgeous colouring - have to tell my watercolouring friends about this tutorial - they complain about not being able to use digis!!!!
xXx

cats whiskers said...

OMG that turtle is just fabulous dear as is your wonderful colouring on both cards, TFS
Hugs Jacqui x

Kristen said...

Kristine,
This turtle card is AMAZING!!! So, so cute. Love it. You do such great work!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Fantastic cards kristine! and thankyou for providing the link the the tutorial! I will definitely be checking that out. :)

Barb said...

Both card are wonderful! That turtle just steals my heart!! He is precious and how clever you are to put the notebook paper in his mouth! Genius!

Barb

craft_princess said...

Love the turtle card!!! Lots of good detail!

Thanks for visiting my blog...wanted to tell you what my hubby's fav meal would be since you asked. I do LOTS and lots of cooking so for him he usually says he likes everything BUT I told him you wanted to know his fav...put him on the spot and this is what he said. A filet mignon (yeah he likes the expensive stuff...I don't make it often at all!, garlic baby baked potatoes, asparagus and pears drizzled with chocolate for dessert...OR anything Peanut Butter because he is a PB NUT!!! LOL!

-Stacie

Jessica G. said...

Fun cards, Kristine -- both kids and us not-quite-kids-anymore can appreciate them! Beautiful coloring and the sentiments are so perfect. My favorite is the comparison of books with friends;it's perfect!!

Helen said...

I love your little turtle guy! He's so cute! And your other card is absolutely adorable!
Blessings!
~H

Rose Ann said...

Both cards are so cute, but I'm especially fond of your turtle!! Funny sentiment too!!

Seleise said...

fabulous cards! both are great for such different reasons but great coloring on both!