Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Meet Shy Little Nickie

Nickie is a brand new character that was released recently at Inky Impressions!! I want to say thank you to Nicole for sending me this "Shy Little Nickie" stamp along with some super cute li'l ribbon flowers, a charm and a couple of the new sentiment stamps --all for making up some blinkies for our recent blog hop and sneak peeks! What a happy mail day!! =0) Thank so much Nicole!

So I inked her up and followed this week's Mojo Monday sketch! I dug out my old SU! color, Marvelous Magenta--LOVE that color, especially paired with black and teal! I also cuttle embossed the magenta with the argile folder. I had to kind of turn my image layer, but you can still see the sketch here. I watercolored Nickie and add lots of stardust glitter gellyroll pens for highlights to her scarf, roses, bows, button on shoe and of course her eyeshadow. It really doesn't look like this IRL. I have a light magenta color down first and then the clear glitter pen over it. Here's a close up, although it's not exactly what it looks like IRL either!! LOL. The light is shining right on the glitter here. It's really much more subtle than this. And if any of you tell me I need some make-up lessons... !!!! LOL - yes, I realize the eyeshadow on her right eye is wonky. OOPS!

Today is Wednesday, and there's a new challenge posted at Inky Impressions Challenges!! (Even though I didn't do that challenge yet!)... but if you have some of these beautiful stamps, please hop on over to the challenge blog and play along this week!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are inspired to "INK SOMETHING!"

Photobucket

13 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Such a cutie! Love the scalloped edge too - and the colour combo is gorgeous!!! OK - I think the whole thing is fabulous!
xXx

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Kristine. Love the way you've coloured Nicole. Hugs Michele x

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so so precious, awesome job.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a cutie!! I just love how you colored her up and used the MOJO sketch!! The dp is beautiful!! Love that eyeshadow. How creative you are!!
Hugs,
Chris

Jessica G. said...

Great take on this sketch; I really like how you popped Nickie slightly out of the Nesties for great dimension. Beautiful coloring and you are much more the make-up artist than I am!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh I so love the colors on this Kristine!! The layout really rocks too!! :) TFS! HUGS

Sparkle said...

Such a pretty card. Love the eyeshadow! :)

Crystal said...

Kristine love her eyeshadow...Love this sweet image...Your colors are so fun and you rocked the mojo sketch! Fantastic card girl!

Danni said...

What a vivid purple...gorgeous card!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow lovely colors and I so love the circle border you added...very creative!

Diane said...

Gotta get me some of those stamps,they are sooo adorable!
Love your card Kristine!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

You such beautiful work Kristine... as always! And the freebies were well deserved! Your blinkies are among the best I've ever seen. Hmmm... maybe you should start a little business on the side? (*grin*)

Love ya,
Lisa

Kristen said...

LOVE these colors together. You did a great job with the Mojo sketch and the Inky challenge. Nikki is very cute.