Just Because...

I'd like to share this album I made a few weeks ago for Kelly, owner of KL Stampin' N Scrappin'. I've been on her design team since January this year and I've gotta say she is definitely one of the sweetest, most generous people I know. She's not just a boss, she's a treasured friend.

I picked up this little chipboard flower album at Micheals one day and it kindof reminded me of her... maybe because she has sunflowers for her logo? LOL. So I thought it would be a neat idea to create an album of all her KLSNS Girls! Then, I thought it would be even MORE special if each of the girls could make up their own page and send to me and I could assemble it and send it off, however, I didn't have enough pages in the album and with the store being so far away, I couldn't just run down and pick up another SO, we did the next best thing. The girls each picked a favorite image they had from Kelly's store and colored it and then sent the images to me so I could create the album. Some even sent me materials that matched their image so I could create their page! I tried my best to capture each of their "personal styles" on their pages.


Some of the pages have crystal effects all around the edges to make them "finished"


This was a poem that I made up off the top of my head. Some of it sounds a bit cheesy, but it it came from the heart as I thought it out Kelly!


This is the page I made for Kelly. I THINK her favorite colors are green and coral, but I might be wrong? Anyway, couldn't have her sending me her own image now could we?! LOL. I added flower soft to the ground and her bouqets. Kelly loves pearls too, so I had to get some of those on there ;)


Heidi picked such a cutie and colored her beautifully! I thought she'd go perfect sitting on the swing. As much as I wished at the time that I had cherry paper, I didn't, but I still think it came out very cute! Oh, and btw... the mug shots of the girls were printed on glossy photo paper so they look better IRL then what the camera picked up.


Jessica chose this Tilda with Ladybug and she added crystal effects to the ladybug too! Sorry the photo doesn't show that. I tried to do this page clean and simple like I think Jessica would've done. Jessica sent me these papers that matched perfect! The red polka-dot paper is even glossy, just like her ladybug!


This one was so much fun to make. If any of you know Cheryl, you'll know how she LOVEs to use bows and lace and pearls! She actually sent me everything I used on this page!! I think it totally looks like her--maybe?? =0) 


Caroln also sent me everything I used on her page, and I wish you could see the sparkle on her actual image! Kinda felt at a loss with this page, even with so much wonderful embellies and papers to use. But in the end, I really like how it came out. Carolyn is one of those very talented detailed crafters and I'm not sure I did her page justice, but I did try! ☺


And next is Sparkle's cutie with a picnic basket. Her coloring is also fantastic! In fact, every single one of the girls' coloring is just amazing to me. I think I'm the only one who watercolors, which doesn't give quite as bright colors. But anyway, Sparkle's was the first page that I made up. I really like colors she used and it totally went with my new lemonade paper (Basic Grey).


And lastly, is my page. I was going for black hair even though it turned out greyish!  Sponged some doilies and sewed the gingham on top. Added some dew drops around. OH, this Tilda is holding hearts in her apron but I covered them with some nice fluffy Flower Soft. If friends were flowers, I'd definitely pick you! Actually, I did! heehee ☺

Thank you to all my DT sisters for helping create this album! It would NOT have been the same without you and I'm sure means so much more to Kelly having all of your gorgeous artwork inside!!