Sunday, September 20, 2009

If Friends Were Apples

... I'd Pick You!

Happy Sunday my stamping friends! Every Sunday we at Stampin' Sisters in Christ issue a new challenge and I've gotta say, you girls really LOVED last week's sketch challenge didn't you?! I'm so pleasantly surprised that we had 80 entries!! That's so awesome--thank you for playing along! =0) And again, thanks so much to Gina K Designs for donating 2 wonderful stamp sets last week. The winner of those will be announced this Tuesday!

This week's sponsor is Sweet & Sassy Stamps, and Korin has donated this gorgeous Fall/Autumn stamp set that will go to one random player this week! So come play along!!

Our hostess this week is Kathy Winter (my sister) and her scripture passage is Ecclesiates 3:1, "To Everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." She loves Fall and so her challenge for us is to make a card with the many different colors of Fall/Autumn!

Here's mine:

I used the "Pick of the Harvest" digi image from this week's sponsor, Sweet N Sassy Stamps, and right now it's on sale for only $3!! What a great deal!! I'm pretty new to digi images, but ever since I read Sue McMahon's tutorial on watercoloring digi's I was hooked and am loving it! :) Sweet N Sassy also has some new Fall and Winter digis added, and in fact they just got done having an "Autumn Stroll Blog Hop" with their amazing Design Team, so I hope you'll go check that out! Thank you so much for sponsoring our challenge at SSCC this week Korin!!


Come by the challenge blog today and see what my Design Sisters have created!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous card - lots of wonderful details to spot! Can't believe I missed the last challenge - where has the time gone this week!!!!
xXx

Rose Ann said...

This is such a cute fall card, Kristine...and reminds me to get the orchard too! ;)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love your card, Kris. The beautiful coloring goes without saying, but I also love the beautiful border punch and your stitching! Wowser!

Hugs from down under (in CA)
Lisa

Sparkle said...

What a lovely card! That image is just too cute.

Danni said...

Wonderful card!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi kristine. WOW! this is fabulous!!

Marcia said...

Fabulous image Kristine, so many things to see. Love your colouring as usual.

x Marcia P

Kristen said...

Kristine,
Great card. Makes me think of fall ( my favorite season). Fabulous use of colors. Well done my friend.

Donna said...

what a cute card, so festive for Fall

Rach said...

an adorable fall card Kristine, gorgeous colours and a fab image beautifully coloured. hugs rachxx

Helen said...

I'd pick you, too! :) Love your card and the rich colors of fall you've used!
Blessings!
~H

Dani said...

Awww, so cute! Wonderful job, and thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial... I needed it! :)

Jessica G. said...

Perfect autumn card -- vibrant colors and I love the shiny apples!! Can't wait until we start seeing Fall colors here; it's almost starting!

Lori Stilger said...

Hi, Kristine! Thanks so much for your compliments on my fall card. :) Yours is really sweet!
I'd LOVE to know where in Oregon you are; my husband grew up in Portland, and we lived on the coast for the first three years we were married - and in the Gorge for a year. I MISS IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Be blessed! I'm enjoying the challenges. :)

Sandy said...

This is one of my favorite fall digis! I love the colors you chose, your card is adorable!

Seleise said...

super! great image, card and sentiment!