Sunday, August 16, 2009

Stampin' Sisters in Christ CHALLENGES

Join our Sister Challenges!

Today's the day that we are starting our NEW Challenge Blog! Each challenge will be inspired by scripture, and is open to everyone! This week we have a fabulous stamp set donated by Our Daily Bread Designs, that will be given away to one random player, so please come follow us and jump in to the challenge!!! (please check out the blog for ALL the deets and to see what our Design Team created!)

Lisa is our hostess this week, and has chosen John 6:35, which says "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry; and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." Her challenge: Use images of food or drink on your project. You do not have to make it a religious card, although please feel free to do so.

ABOUT MY CARD: Well, I don't have much in the way of food stamps, but I found this House Mouse image in my "Image RAK box." After watercoloring my image, I covered the popsicle with Crystal Effects for that "wet" look, and also used it on their eyes, noses, and the li'l guy's tongue as well. =0)

For the li'l mousey's ear and the popsicle stick, I followed Rachel Jakes' Out of the Frame tutorial to cut around those parts that would stick out and then slid my Nestie frame under it and then ran it through my cuttlebug. The blue layer was then put on another white layer. The DP and flower brad is from the Lemonade Collection by Basic Grey and the little dew drops are from Jacksonbelle Embellishments.

I hope you'll play along too! I'd love to see what you eat! OH, I mean MAKE! :) Join us at the SSC Challenge blog!
Photobucket

21 comments:

Rach said...

awww, how sweet is this Kristine, so cute!!!
love your colouring sweetie and your lovely layout... wonderful job..
hugs RAchxx

Debbie Pamment said...

Good luck with the new challenge - will love to find time to play - will do my best!! LOVE this card - perfect mix of papers, shapes and colours...
xXx

Donna said...

what a cute card - I love that image. I'm going to play later and upload it in the morning. Thanks for sharing & starting this new challenge blog!

Lorie said...

Eek! It's a mouse...a cute one tough! GREAT card as always Kris! I'm so excited to be in these new ventrure with you!

Trina said...

Awww....too cute! Love the image, you did a great job coloring it! Great background papers, make me think of summer!! Have a wonderful day!!
Hugs,
Trina

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Totally adorable card, Kris! I love those Mouse House designs. And who wouldn't want to be slurping on a popsicle? I love all the cheery colors, all pulled together in that wonderful flower accent. You rock girlfriend!

Hugs,
Lisa

Sparkle said...

Such a cute card! I love the crystal effects on there.

Seleise said...

what a super fun and super cute card - love it!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Kristine, how are you hunny? i hope you and your family are all well. So sorry its been a while since ive visited, so much has been happening here and im constantly struggling to leave comments. You've been busy since my last visit with lots of gorgeous makes im loving them all. Will not leave it so long next time! hugs Linda x

mamichelle said...

Such a sweet card!! Love the image too.

Debby said...

way cute and your coloring is awesome!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Kristine,
OOhhhhh soooo cute!! Wonderful watercoloring---as i look at the card i think i can see the popsicle melting--imagination I Guess :-0
God Bless
Mary Lou

*Vicki* said...

Hi Kristine!! WOW!! This is just totally ADORABLE!!! LOVE that image!! HUGS

Kim Yu said...

This is a nice one, Kristine! I love it! I don't have many food/fruit/drinks stamps either. maybe I should invest in some of them.
Thanks for the heads up on the new challenge blog. I am going to check it out!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, such a cute image and i love the pretty papers and lo. Hope you have a great week. Hugs Nikki x

Jenny said...

Cute, cute!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Very cute . . . those sweet little mice really got me stampin "in the day:" LOL a few years ago when I had more time to plaaaaaay! :( sniffle

Love your colors, girl, and what a terrific verse that was chosen. Hugs, Kel

Rose Ann said...

Your little mice are sooo cute, Kristine!! LOVE this!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so cute!! I love your mice!!! Gorgeous masterpiece here!! Love your coloring and design!!

Jane said...

That looks good enough to eat! Great job on the challenge.

Jane