Sunday, August 09, 2009

A {Splashin'} Tri-Shutter Card

Happy Sunday Morning!! Today we have another "Sister Challenge" to share, and I have some exciting news... our family has "grown!" :0) That's right, my sister Kathy and I have adopted Lorie as our sister and she'll be playing in our sister challenges!! WOOOHOOO! They are just for fun really and were started when my sister Kathy started blogging. Lorie is not only one of my BBFF's (best blogging friends forever) but is my sister in Christ and I love her like a sister, so we're happy to welcome her into our li'l challenges.

OK, onto my card! I had so much fun creating my last tri-shutter card that I chose this for our sister challenge. This time I followed a different tutorial. (This one has a whole card front and few cuts and scores than Beate's tutorial.)
I used this cute summer stamp set from my Paper Pretties SOTM called "Make a Splash." And now they came out with a complimentary set called Summer Fun...which I don't have yet, so I drew my own pool and paper pieced a beach ball =0)
I added colored stickles to all the polka-dots on the pool, and well as the splashes on the sentiment. Then I added crystal effects to the water in the pool for that watery look. The other stamps inside the card are from an old retired SU! set called Summer Fun.

Now you can check out what Kathy and Lorie have made!!
Photobucket

19 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

This is amazing Kris - I really must try one of these tri-shutter cards - they look fab!
xXx

Julia Aston said...

How fun! love your little girl enjoying her pool! wonderful tri-shutter design!

Lorie said...

This is adorable! I should have listened to you about the tutorial to use. AND, you are genius to use patterned paper for your base card! *smacking forehead* That would have been SO much easier and cute too! You 'da bomb girlie!

Danni said...

This is adorable!! What a wonderful job you did!

Kathy Winter said...

As always sis, what a terrific job on your card. Like Lorie said you ARE 'da bomb!!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Seleise said...

super cute and super fun!

Chris (catt871) said...

What an awesome card!! I love the pool you made! Very clever!!!

Sparkle said...

This is just darling. I'll have to try and make one sometime.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Waaaaaah, I wanna be a sister!!!! Waaaaaah!!!!

Okay, I'm calm now. LOL

LOVE the card, Kris. Now I'm definitely going to try that tri-shutter technique. And I think your pool is much more fun than the stamped one. I love the glittery circles... and the paper pieced beach ball. Way to go!!!

I can't believe summer is technically almost over. How the heck did that happen?

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Julie Masse said...

Wow this is adorable Kristine!! LOVE your beach ball and pool and all the cute colors and patterns you used! totally cute - hope you're uploading in the PP Gallery! :)

Basement Stamper said...

super cute card, that image and the coloring are so summery!

Rose Ann said...

OMgosh...this is so cute, Kristine!! I love the Tri-Shutter style too!!

Jane said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! Love the full front on the card too. Great job...as always!

Jane
SBS4

Diane said...

How cute is that!!!!

Marcia said...

I love it, perfect Kris, perfect.

:) Marcia P

Dani said...

THUD!<-- Me falling off my chair. :) This is amazing!

Maria said...

Oooh, I love this version too! Your tri-shutter card is so darn cute! Love that splashing girl image. . .such a fun summer card! As always, beautifully colored and awesome choice of dps too!!

Maria

Christie said...

This is completely Darling Kristine!