Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pink N Red Overload!

PaPeR PiEciNg
Stamps: Angelica's Daydream (Inky Impressions rubber stamps); Wonderful (SU!)
Paper: Bittersweet (Basic Grey); Pretty in Pink (SU!)
Accessories: Branch and flower punches (Martha Stewart); stitched ribbon (SU!)

Happy Wednesday!! It's time for an Inky Impressions challenge: Paper Piecing! I don't know what happened here... but if I didn't know better I'd say that PiNk and ReD exploded all over this card! It wasn't my intension to go quite so PINK! :oP You prolly can't even tell that I paper pieced her sweater and socks, but I did! I used the same DP that is the light pink with the hearts, and then I colored some of her hearts dark red.

OK, I SOOO need a little fairy on my shoulder telling me "STEP AWAY FROM THE PINK" next time I even think about reaching for these again, LOL! Oh, they ARE pretty papers, but my I think I need to go do a plain ol' white card now, HA! Oh well... sometimes cards end up NoT how we intend and that's okay. It actually looks better and more 3D in real life. Ok... I'm just trying to talk myself out of how PINK this really is! LOL.

SOOOO...just a head's up girls!! Inky Impressions is having a Big Release and these new stamps are super duper CUTE!! I can't wait to show you, but you won't have to wait much longer as we are going to have a blog hop soon!! So stay tuned for that. In the meantime, how about checking out what the other Inspirational Inkettes have Pieced for you!!

20 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh you make me laugh - I can just see your whole room covered in exploded pink papers and inks - LOL. That being said - I love your card!!! Your cards are ALWAYS gorgeous and this one is NOOO exception - but then I like pink and red - LOL
xXx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Kristine!!! Love the colors and design!! Another beautiful creation. Great paper piecing!!

Crystal said...

Kristine...WOW I love the pink and red its BEAUTIFUL!!! She just pops and looks amazing!! BEAUTIFUL Kristin I always LOVE your cards girl!

*Vicki* said...

Kristine, this is just adorable!! I love your colors and the papers are so fun!! HUGS

Pam S. said...

Kristine - first I want to let you know that I did get the blinky, so ignore my email from last night! Thanks! Your post has me smiling...I was thinking my card was to dull! lol Photos don't always capture real life! boohoo! Your card is very cute and I have got to try this cutting out and leaving a little white edge...I never think of it when I'm stamping, but I like it when I see it! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jenny said...

Love this card! Never think about putting pink and red together, but it looks great here! Nice job!

Helen said...

I enjoy reading your posts so much! They make me laugh. This card is darling.
~H

Kim Yu said...

I like it, Kristine! It's very eye-catching! I love pink! hehe I will probably play along...I like to paper piece. :)
Hope you are having a fantastic day!
Kim

Lorie said...

It is very pink and red but it is beautiful!

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Oh my... I was cracking up reading this. It is very pink, but also VERY PRETTY! Love the papers, the stitching (of course) and I agree with Pam..... I love the white edge around her! Ribbon is a nice touch with the stiuched look also! Everything just comes together so nicely Kristine! Awesome card once again!!!

HUGS!

Nicole Inky's Mama) :)

Danni said...

You can never have too much pink!! Hehehe, it's my fav color and I just {heart} this!! Great job!

Shary said...

Nothing wrong with lots of pink and red Kristine, it brightens up a card. Gorgeous card, really pretty x

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Kristine. Love the colours you've used and the paper piecing also. Hugs Michele x

kksb said...

The card is beautiful!! I do not remember the trail that I followed to get to your sight (it was a long one). I love the paper, but I don't know whose it is. Same with the red stem punch, flower and center bling. The red and pink paper really meshes well together. Your paper piecing is marvelous. It really is a wonderful card!! My e-mail is jb523@charter.net. If you have a couple of minutes please e-mail with your supplier info. Thanks.
kksb

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Kristine!! I love the papers, flower with the brad, and punched branches!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Are you sure you don't mean paper pierced, not pieced??? LOL

Whatever, I think this is Pretty In Pink. There is enough contrast here to make it a stunner. As always, you color these images so well. I can't wait to see the new releases!

Hugs and love,
Lisa

Naoual said...

STUNNING card girl!! Too pink?! I honestly believe that doesn't even excist. Let me go check with my daughter.. Nope, she agrees, there's no such thing as too much pink. LOL!

Your card is amazing girl, I truly love it!

Big hugs, Naoual xx

Dani said...

owen likes this one too!

Gorgeous card, love how bright it is!

Kristen said...

I think your pink & red explosion is FABULOUS. That is some of my favorite paper too. Your paper piecing is wonderful. Great card!