Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Paper Pretties Challenge #66

CoMe On aNd Do ThE HuLa!
The challenge (PWC66) over at Paper Pretties this week is a FUN color challenge: Black, Green, and a Mystery Color of your choice! =0) So my "mystery color" was orange. I've been itchin' to make a fall card lately, although my choice of stamp isn't necessarily a Fall one! OH WELL!! lol

This is my first time inking up my SOTM club stamp, Aloha from Paper Pretties, and I really LOVED Charmaine's tutorial on how to create a "swinging" skirt (aka. "Tilt Card") This is much like the slider cards that you create with 2 pennies and a dimensional inbetween. OK, so my skirt REALLY moves!! Maybe a li'l too much, but that's what makes it fun I guess! :)
Here's a picture of the underside of the hula girl. You can see that the top layer of skirt is attached to the top penny, and then there's 2 small round dimensionals stacked and then another penny on the bottom.
And, by the way, that looks like a huge stack of dimensionals right there on the left... it's not! It's only 2 stacked together =0) Thanks for looking! My sister Kathy made one TOO! we are posting at the same time on our blogs to see if we chose the same "mystery color" ...heehee. Go check out hers to see if we did!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

Love the card Kris, as always you did a superb job. Love the swingin' skirt. I'll have to try that.:)

Lorie said...

Oh, geeze...Kris...this is adorable! Love the swingy skirt!

Dani said...

Oh my heavens! This is adorable! Fabulous job, love the skirt!

Sparkle said...

This is so cute! I love that paper!

And I'm so sorry I'm so late...but thank you for the lovely Sparkle card. I truly appreciate it!

Michele said...

Such a fabulous card Kristine. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Helen said...

What a unique idea! That "swinging" skirt is so cool! Awesome card!

Kim Yu said...

Ooo...how cute this is, Kristine!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Very cute, nicely done with the moveable hula skirt too! Hugs, Kel

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jessica G. said...

How fun! I love interactive cards and how appropriate for this hula gal to really dance!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

How cool is this! I love the moveable skirt! and that DP... yowser!!!

Hugs to you sweet girl,
Lisa