Thursday, August 06, 2009

My First Anya Card

Hey there...I hope you're having a wonderful Thursday so far? I finally finished my card that I started making days ago using one of my Anya images that Lisa sent me (from the Greeting Farm). Sparkle also sent me some different Anyas and I'm so excited to ink those up as well. What blessed friends I have, don'tcha think? =0) Ya, I think so too! Okay, onto my card... I know these tri-shutter cards have been around for a while now, but this is actually my first one! I saw this one of Maria's cards and decided it was time for me to take that plunge and "Just Do IT!" lol. It looked a li'l intimidating to me at first, but really it's easier than it looks! ... well, of course given your blade is sharpened and the track on your cutter didn't keep getting junked up and had to keep scraping it out! LOL. But anyways... back to my card, I decided to use this pretty Porcelain paper by Basic Grey that I got at KL Stampin N Scrappin (Thanks, Kelly!!). I also learned how to make these really nifty paper flowers by watching Beate's Youtube video! (always wondered what her voice sounded like?! heehee... thanks so much Beate!)

Sooo....did you notice any kind of resemblance between this Anya and ... oh, say... my picture over there to the right?! LOL. Long red hair...pink cheeks! OK, I'll admit, I'm not NEARLY AS CUTE as this Anya! Ha!
All the wording on the inside of card are rub-ons (SU! + other). This is going to a very dear friend of mine who will remain nameless until she receives it and if she decides to share it with the world ;P Wish I had all the time and supplies to make one of these for each and every one of you who come to visit me every day! I really am very thankful to all of you =0)

Thanks so much for dropping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will return the favor and hop on over to visit you!! OH! Remember, our "SPARKLE" BLOG HOP ends tomorrow, Friday 7th so be sure to start over at the KLSNS Blog for all the deets on how you could WIN BIG! =0)
Photobucket

21 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful - gorgeous - stunning!!!

Tonya said...

This is so pretty, Kris. Beautiful paper and your coloring is great as always.

Cindy Haffner said...

Kris this is gorgeous.

Crystal said...

Kris this is beautiful...your first Anya looks amazing. Love your papers...gorgeous!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, Christine, this is gorgeous! Love those images - I don't have any yet but the more I see them the more I want to get some. You did a beautiful job on this card. Hugs,

Lorie said...

My goodness girl...this is gorgeous! I'm sure your friend will LOVE it! Was that shutter card easy to make? I would like to try one and Beate has a wonderful tutorial but I'm a bit intimidated. :o)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Dani said...

CUTE! Love the papers you used, fab job on your first Anya card!

*Vicki* said...

Kristine, this is so adorable!! I love your tri-shutter with your anya!! :) HUGS

Seleise said...

gorgeous card! gorgeous fan-folded paper element in the corner! Gorgeous paper and love the tri-fold shutter card!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Wowser!!! This is absolutely stunning... beautiful coloring, especially her hair! And, of course, I recognized it was you right away! (*grin*)

You've done an amazing job with that multi-fold card. I've seen lots of examples, but yours is the BEST.

I'm pretty darned blessed to have you as a friend, too! Big smiles!

Love ya,
Lisa

Kim Yu said...

Ah, this is so stinkin' cute!!! I havebn't try one of these yet but will probably soon. I jsut love your card!!! So pretty!!! And PP, love it!

Have a wonderful day, Kristine!
Kim

Sparkle said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the pink and green.

Diane said...

Gorgeous card!!!! I love the glare in her hair,gee your coloring is so beautiful Kristine!!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness! WOW!!!!!!! That is craziness beautiful! Love it!

cats whiskers said...

What a fabulous card this is, love the design and your wonderful colouring of Ms Anya, looking forward to working with you
Hugs Jac

Marcia said...

Kris, this is stunning - theres no going back now.

:) Marcia P

Kristen said...

Kristine,
This is just gorgeous!!!! I love the colors you chose, and your coloring is amazing! I have to try one of those accordian flowers. Great card!

Helen said...

This card is gorgeous!!! (and she does look just like you...beautiful!)

Rose Ann said...

Oh goodness...another totally fabulous tri-shutter card, Kristine!! I love that sweet Anya, the pretty papers, and your fan fold flower! Fantastic!!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, Kristine! Can we say GORGEOUS or what! I love your tri-shutter card! I saw this version too and I like this one too! It has more folds. Wow, you did a wonderful job. . .you colored Ms. Anya so beautifully too! Great choice of papers. . .such pretty colors and patterns! Thanks for the shot out, girl! You're so sweet!

Maria