Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jacksonbelle Tuesday Sketch

It's Tuesday again and we have another fabulous sketch for you to try this week at Jacksonbelle Embellishments. Hope you will play along and if you do, please leave a link to your card on the challenge blog, or use JBE062 as a keyword when uploading to SCS (or both!)

I have a couple of projects to share with you using this sketch! The first one is all about the cherries! I used Basic Grey's new paper pad called Lemonade, along with their new stamp set called Critters & Treats! (You've gotta go see all the cute stamps in this set!! Perfect for summer)

I printed the sentiment on my computer. Which reminds me...I have a funny brain-storming session to share. My dad was here visiting when I was making this card and he's usually really clever with sayings so I asked him what I could put with this card. His first reply was, "Life's not just a bowl of cherries...it's the pits!" OH, Come On!!! LOL. Although kindof funny, I didn't want it have a negative annotation..., so I thought this was much *sweeter* ☺ Plus, I'm always in need of birthday cards.

Some of you might remember this tree frame I made last year? It still sits on my counter in my craft room, and when I saw these fabulous October Afternoon papers that Lindsey sent me-- it became my inspiration for this cute tree card:
I realize it may be a far stretch as far as the sketch goes, LOL... but I did add the rectangle in the middle, and added the raffia across with a chipboard flower! :) Here's what the inside looks like:
Sentiment reads, "Have a Birdie-ful Day." I used Basic Grey's new stamp set called Birdie Trio, and paper pieced part of her with BG's new paper pad called Lemonade.

The chipboard flower is part of a pack of 59 different self-adhesives, also from Basic Grey. I painted the flower with a celery acrylic paint and then before it dried, I applied some Hi-Ho Silver Shimmerz Blingz, and then outlined it with a turqoise stickles, as well as various parts of the birdie. Very sparkly IRL ☺
Ya know...as I was creating this I had this feeling that I've seen a very similar tree somewhere... and then I remembered where I saw it! After I finished my card I went to her blog and sure enough... found it! My friend Melissa had made one with the same tree trunk paper, and different pattern for the top. Hers was made from a chipboard album. OH GOODNESS Melissa, I totally didn't mean to CASE yours...LOL!!! I was really bummed after I remembered that because she made her tree for the same company and I was like OH KRIS!! you can't upload that now! lol, BUT... I already put all this work into it, so I decided to share it anyway. I really didn't think of it when I started my project though (And to be perfectly honest, Melissa's is much prettier than mine!) Please go take a look !!


See what the other JBelle Rockstars have created!!
Tobi Crawford / Dawn Easton / Stephanie Hargis / Mitzi Koons / Loretta Lock / Jimmi Mayo / Bethany Paull / Michelle Philippi / Carly Robertson / Shemaine Smith / Lynda Benden / Melissa Bove / Jennifer Buck / Jill Dunn / AJ Otto / Heather Lee-Reppen / Lindsey Botkin *Owner*

One more thing: ALL Daisy D products are marked down considerably all this week at Jacksonbelle Embellishments! Go see what fabulous finds are over there!! Have a great Tuesday ☺

15 comments:

Kristen said...

Kristine,
Those are really cool projects.

Michelle said...

Your sketch card is fantastic - - love the cherry you have there and the tree is fantastic! Really neat tree fram card as well -- good stuff!

Loretta said...

*sigh* HAPPY PLACE!!! I just got Lemonade paper and stamps yesterday so I can hardly wait to dig in with them. I love what you did with that tree.

Bethany Paull said...

That lemonade is calling me! I love your gorgeous card with the awesomely sparkly cherry chipboard piece.

Heather said...

WOW!!! These are incredible! Great job!

Shemaine Smith said...

CaaaUte Cards!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Wow! How cool are these? You are so talented girl! :D

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous cards Kris!! I love that tree one especially!! You ROCK!!

Hugs....

Carly said...

Fabulous card!! Love cherry paper and embellishment. And that tree is gorgeous!

Lynda Benden said...

Boy, have you been busy Kristine!!! WOW, your tree is amazing!! I love it! Your card is just darling, the cherry paper is perfect!

Jill said...

Cool creations! I love trees so both are fantastic.

Mitzi Koons said...

I love these cards! I totally need that paper now! lol...thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

Maria said...

Wow, I love your scrappy cards Kristine! I actually was thinking of making some scrappy cards today. I have a ton of scraps that I need to use.

I especially love that tree card! What a cool design! Love your versatility! Your creations are fantastic!

Maria

Rose Ann said...

I love them both, Kristine!! Your shaped card is fantastic, and I love your little cherries on the first!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, I love your card, Kris... that paper is a fave, and I love the funky look of your tree. Your dad cracks me up!

I just might try the sketch.

I love the tree, too. Don't worry, no one would ever think you were sniping ideas and not giving credit where credit is due. I think we get subliminal messages from all the goodness we see out there and it's bound to stick in the back of our minds. Plus I often wonder how many new ideas there are out there. I'm constantly amazed at the new things people come up with, but no doubt there's a lot of similarities.

Love ya!
Lisa