Sunday, July 12, 2009

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Gent

Happy Sunday!! Today's card is my very first using Clear & Simple stamps! (no, I'm not on their DT, lol) Do you remember when I posted about the blog candy that I won over at Kim's Basement Stamping? As part of the blog candy, I got to pick which Clear & Simple stamp set I wanted from their site! How awesome is that?!! :) I had a hard time between this one and the Bun in the Oven set (super cute!). For my card, I used Fridays Sketchers challenge #60 this week and I really think it worked out great for this card. Thanks again Kim...you are a real sweetie!! (OH, I need to take a picture of the CUTE card and other sweet goodies Kim sent me. I'll try to post those later today or tomorrow!)

As you can see in the close up below, I used Flower Soft for her bouquet--I've been itchin to use that stuff somewhere! lol... as well as stickles on her dress and the hearts. Her eyeshadow and lips are highlighted with sparkly gellyroll pens, cause we all know that a bride loves her Bling on her wedding day!
Alrighty then...anyone know someone getting married soon? Ya know, I didn't TRY to do it, but it kinda looks like a July wedding, although the camera lighting is a li'l off. The bouquet and heart are actually coral, not red. But hey...it'd work!! LOL. Did any of you have these colors for your wedding? I knew someone from H.S. who got married on October 31st and sure enough...her colors were orange and black!! What's the wackiest wedding you've ever been to?

14 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This card is fantastic. I absolutely love the Flower Soft on her bouquet and the layout of the card is great. I'm so glad you are enjoying the new stamps and can't wait to see what else you create with them! And, you are so welcome!

Nicki (CSS) said...

This is beautiful - love all of the bling and the great touch with the flower soft. There are so many fun details here - but I think I love the groom's tux the best!

Wackiest wedding - how about a reception were a neighboring restaurant came in and started handing out business cards and appetizers to guests as if they were the caterers - but they weren't! They were just trying to get free publicity, isn't that awful!

Marcia said...

Great card Kristine, love how you have added the flwoer soft!

:) Marcia P

Terri said...

Love it, Kristine! Great job!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,l love the image and colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card sweetie! Wonderful image!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

Have a lovely sunday, Hugs Tanja

Helen said...

My wedding was in April and we use the colors coral and buttercream yellow. I walked down the isle to "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison and we walked out to that one song from Shrek, I don't know the name, but it starts like this..."I thought love was only true in fairy tails..." We didn't want to be completely traditional!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, baby, using Flower Soft for her bouquet was genius! The bride looks a bit surprised (hee hee) and the groom totally calm, cool and collected!

I've never been to a wacky wedding... maybe tacky, but not wacky! LOL

We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on July 7th. Yes, we got married in the heat of the summer... outside (although it started at 7:00 pm), but no red, white and blue. Lavender for my maid of honor and bridesmaids and pale grey for the best man and groomsmen. Boring by today's standards for sure. Times change!

Hugs and smiles my sweet friend.
Lisa

Rose Ann said...

This is very sweet, Kristine!! I love the black & white with the nice texture and swirls...and the charms are darling!! Your Flower Soft bouquet looks beautiful and life-like!!

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

Wonderful card Kristine with the layers and all the added touches. It looks so gorgeous.

Sparkle said...

What a darling card. Haven't been to wacky wedding yet...but one of my friends wants to get married on Halloween too and it'll be a costume party. I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Diane said...

How cute! You did a marvelous job with the bouquet!!! Love all the embellies and layers and the punch and the swirls,wow it's a beautiful card!

Kristen said...

Kristine, you did a great job with this set, and I love the flower soft.

I have no wacky stories, The wierdest thing at my wedding was my shoes. I didn;t want to wear heels, so I went with with canvas tennis shoes and then decorated then with mickey mouse (disney themed wedding).

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. Love the flower soft and the glitter and the other embellishments.

Glenda