Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Inky Challenge Wednesday

It's Wednesday and the Inspirational Inkettes have some fantastic *inky* projects to share! Our challenge this week is to use SCS sketch challenge #235 which was this:
If you have any of these cute Inky stamps, please play along and link your card to the challenge blog! I got overambitious (just a tad) and created 2 projects to share with you. The first one is a Tic-Tac-Toe Game, using Angelica and LiLi!!
The above is one of the game pieces. I made 5 Angelicas and 5 LiLi's and watercolored them all, then added sparkly gellyroll pens for highlights (hearts on sweater and headband). Then, I cut out same size circles and put a big fat pop dot in between the 2 layers so you can grab onto them easier and move them on the board, which is 12x12 cardstock.
I added a pocket to hold the game pieces, and cuttlebugged it with the Swiss Dots folder. Now with all the work I put into it I was thinking that I need to laminate the whole thing!! LOL. (not gonna happen this time!)
And my 2nd project is a *quilted* card using both the sketch and color challenges from last week. I used some Basic Grey Marrakech paper and Angelica's Daydream. The dots in between were suppose to have thread but it broke part way thru my sewing, so I just left it out and continued sewing on my machine. Much faster than paper piercing all that by hand!!
Thanks for looking!! Please pop on over to the challenge blog and see what the other Inkettes have inked up for ya ☺
Photobucket

22 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Absolutely STUNNING Kris - I am in absolute awe of your amazing talent - just GORGEOUS!!!!
xXx

Riet said...

Wowww Kristine,what a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Lorie said...

You continue to amaze me Kris! LOVE both of your projects!

Shary said...

I love both of these Kristine. The tic tac toe idea is brilliant and the images are just right for this project. I know my little girl would love it!
Your card is beautiful, very clever. xx

Heike said...

Wow, Kristine this is Stunning. Wonderful colors and Details. LOVE IT......

Hugs
Heike

Sparkle said...

Both are just precious. I love the girl heads for the Tic Tac Toe.

Barb said...

Both projects are so creative! The box to hold the tic-tac-toe markers is inspired and the quilt is so cozy! Good idea to pierce with the machine minus thread!

Barb

BananaStamper said...

These are amazing and fabulous! Wow, did you ever put a lot of time and attention to detail into these!

Shanna

Cami said...

What a wonderful idea to make this Tic-Tac-Toe game board with Angelica and Lili! I love it! You are so creative! Hugs, Cami

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGoodness, Kristine, you have outdone yourself!!! That tic-tac-toe game is amazing!!! You need to submit that to a magazine right away. They'd be crazy not to publish it! And your "quilted" card is wonderful, too. I love all the colors and squares. I'm partial to quilts anyway.

Girl, you never cease to inspire me and make me smile.

Hugs and love,
Lisa

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow...great projects! Love how fun and colorful they are!

suzARTe said...

I love these cards. The quilt looks fantastic. Are you coming to Sydney anytime soon, I really need to be taught how to stamp properly

Christine said...

Wow, I am blown away by these projects. They are absolutely gorgeous!!! They are also so original and fun!! That quilted card is fantastic. I love how you cut it out. It works so well against the dark background paper. Awesome idea for paper piercing. I have totally forgotten about this technique. The tic tac board is a wonderful fun idea. I love that all the details that you included. Amazing work Kristine.
xoxo, Christine

LORi said...

WOWZERS....SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!

*Vicki* said...

OMG!! How stinkin' cute is that?!! I lurves this project girl!! Too sweet!! :) HUGS

Susie Sugar said...

wow !! Simply Stunning
Hugs Susie xx

Diane said...

You have such brilliant ideas!
I love both of these projects,the tic tac toe game is priceless!

Jane said...

Kris, as always...amazing work! I think my favorite is the second one though. Love the bright colors...reminds me of a quilt!

Jane
SBS4

Michele said...

OMG Kristine these are just gorgeous. Love the tic tac toe idea, GORGEOUS. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

SemSee said...

You know how much I love these, Kristine, but I just thought I'd pop on here and tell you too!! FAB job as usual! Have a great weekend. Hugs, Sem x

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, Kristine . . .your card and project is absolutely gorgeous! I love the circles and the squares and wow, fabulous colors too! Love your choice of papers! You really went all out with this challenge! Awesome job!

Maria

Rose Ann said...

Both are so cute, and I especially love your tic-tac-toe game!! So fun, and adorable at the same time!!