Monday, July 06, 2009

Farm Country, USA

LOL... I didn't know what to title my post, and my niece liked this one, so here it is! ☺ Well, I hate to admit that I'm getting older, but lately I've been waking up at 5 or 5:30 a.m. and can't go back to sleep, so I've been taking my dog for a walk (several xs a week). It's so beautiful in the early mornings that I wanted to capture the beauty of God's creation and share it with you! This is what I see when I go walking, although we're actually on a paved road, not the ditch that's in this pic, LOL.
and here's one of the many farms around our house.
and here are more mountains to my left. In fact, there are mountains pretty much 180 degrees around and the other 180 are hills and buttes (pronounced "byoots", not "butts", lol). It's really peaceful and I love to hear the irrigation sprinklers going and see the sun topping the mountains.
and here are my neighbors cows. I don't know their names, but my girls have them all tagged and "paged" with their numbers and names. (silly girls)
This doe made her way into our upper "yard" tonight. She's right outside the dog pen and isn't scared a bit!
Now here are some animals that my husband took pics of on his way home from work. This is an alpaca and if you click on the picture, you might see the newborn there.
and some really UGLY elk! LOL Well, they are actually beautiful creatures, but they are shedding right now, so .... not so pretty! But even from this photo you can see how velvety their antlers are.
We have a reindeer farm nearby too, so as winter nears, I'll be sure to get some photos of some real live reindeer for ya! :) Hope you enjoyed the pics!

11 comments:

Marcia said...

Kris this is beautiful, thank you for sharing this.

:) Marcia P

Lorie said...

Wow girl! You have an amazing view when you walk! Good for you going several times a week. You can only be healthier for it. Keep at it!

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous pictures, Kristine!! Thanks for sharing them!! I have never been near your area, so it's nice to see this!!

Debbie Pamment said...

I think I'd ALMOST be tempted to get up and take my pooch for a walk if I had these views to enjoy! Thanx soo much for sharing a little bit of your beautiful world!
xXx

Stressed Stamper said...

You lucky lucky thing wow totally stunning - I get a little puppy next week, though I wish when he is up for long walks I would see views like that - totally stunning
Hugs
Sarah

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

I thought this looked like Oregon territory...I'm on the west side of the Cascades!

Chris (catt871) said...

Soooo cool!! Thank you for sharing the beautiful countryside around your home! IT looks like heaven on earth!!!!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Beautiful country view, and aww, look that the beautiful white baby paca! :D Serena finally had her little bundle of "boy" this morning around 9 a.m. Pictures will soon follow on the farm blog. He is medium brown like his mama with a darker face. Sounds cute, but right now doesn't want to nurse . . . hence I am still waiting on pictures too. :) Kel

BananaStamper said...

What a beautiful view you have on your walks! Wow, I love the mountains, none anywhere near me though!

Shanna

reflections:0) said...

Saying hi from the Mid-Willamette Valley... I too was thinking OR. with the first photo's...


reflections:0)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I'm so envious... what a beautiful place to live. (sigh)