Friday, June 19, 2009

Triple Whammy!

(a.k.a. three challenges in 1)
Can't believe how FAST summer is flying by--it's Friday already?!! Snuck up on me. Ok, so SCS is offering some really cool challenges this week!! So I made a card using 3 of them; Monday's TLC225 which was to create this really neat "Faux Handmade Paper"; Wednesday's sketch challenge, SC233; and Thursday's WT223 which was to use "Texting" on your card.

Of course I had to ink up my new Angelica's Heart Socks stamp from Inky Impressions--isn't she adorable?!! My coloring and shading are getting better. It may look like her shoe strings don't match, but I used sparkly gellroll pens for those and the lighting make them look darker. It matches much better IRL. ;) My colors of cardstock are Regal Rose, Only Orange, and Pretty in Pink.
For the "texting" part, I decided to finally break open my package I got from my hubby for my birthday... a labeler! It's pretty cool and even comes with some fun borders. And this "faux paper" technique is super easy and looks even cooler up close. You just wad up some clean toilet paper, and dab it in 3 different pools of acrylic paints (1 at a time) and fill in the space on your white cardstock. Then you go over it with a metalic paint dabbing lightly and sparingly for a glimmer effect. The only metalic I had was a pearl white metalic, but it was perfect with these colors. You should try it! :) Fun fun.

Okay, I prolly won't be posting again until Tuesday as I have to clean house!! My sister is coming to visit with her 2 teenagers and is leaving one of them with us until August. We have to get another bed in the girls room. OH, and tonight we're taking my husband out (for early Father's Day meal) to our favorite restaurant in town over an hour away that the girls haven't even been to yet. It's one that hubby and I go to only once a year for our anniversary--he proposed to me by the pond after we ate there, 13 years ago ♥........ but the girls are old enough now and think they'll really enjoy it. It has a huge tree growing up through the middle of the dining area. It's a classy (and spendy) place but it is SOOOOO Yummy! There's a huge park and pond out back that you can go for a stroll too. SO, tata for now! Have a wonderful weekend ☺
Photobucket

15 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous card Kristine - LOVE the sound of that faux technique - sounds like I could make all sorts of mess with THAT - will have to try it - LOL.
Have a wonderful night out and enjoy your sister's visit.
And nice to see the lovely pic of you and the girls has made a return - and Vernon too - what a lovely family!
xXx

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Terrific card, love the faux paper, too cool! Love the new header, and your evening sounds like a GREAT one with your DH and DDs at a lovely restaurant. Hope you have a terrific time!

Hugs, Kel :)

NoraAnne said...

I love your card, the coloring is AWESOME! I just can't ever get the shading at all...LOL!
Hope you have a GREAT dinner with the girls at your fancy restaurant :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Fun, fun, love alll the details.

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

Aww.. Kristine, Thsi is so stinkin' cute! Your coloring is so awesome. I have to agree with NoraAnne, I can never seem to nail the PERFECT shading either! GREAT CARD! HUGS! Nicole : ) P.S. Have a great weekend with hubby & the girls!!!!!!!

Maria said...

My goodness Kristine! Your card is stunning! I just love the pretty vibrant colors of your dp and the pattern is gorgeous!1 You really made Angelica shine. . you colored her so beautifully!!!

I have a labeler. . .I haven't used it for such a long time. I don't even know where I put it! LOL!

Have fun at dinner! Sounds like you'll be eating some good food. Yummy!!

Maria

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card Kristine!! Love the faux paper! You rocked these challenges girl!! Awesome work, as usual!!

Hugs....

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW Kristine!! THIS card is amazing, and more amazing you got 3 challenges with it!!! AWESOME!!! I have to try that faux handmade paper technique, it looks awesome!!!

Sparkle said...

Great job on combining all the challenges together. I love the bright colors! Have a great dinner!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

hugs Riet.x

Lorie said...

Oh, girl...this is completely adorable! You are da bomb diggity!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Fab card Kristine, love the cute image and your beautiful colouring and lo. Hope you had a great time at the restaurant. Hugs Nikki x

Tonya said...

So cute girl!!

Love your new blog banner too. >:0)

Naoual said...

I LOVE this card! The papers look gorgeous, and the colouring is stunning! Fabulous colour combo, the bright colours are so yummy.
I hope you and your family had a fab night out yesterday sweetie.

Have a fabulous weekend,

Hugs, Naoual

Ps; I love love LOVE your blog header, too cute!! WOW!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I read the other post first, so I didn't even realize the significance of your choice of restaurant. Makes me smile! It is a treat, isn't it, to go out to eat at a nice place? And you were smart to go the day before Father's Day to avoid all the crowds. Now if only Flower had cooperated!

Adorable card, as always, Kristine. As far as I'm concerned, you've had the shading and coloring down forever!

P.S. I love that you pointed out that one should use CLEAN toilet paper for this technique. LOL!

Love ya to bits! You always make me smile.
Lisa