Thursday, June 11, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

Happy Thursday!! I was blessed with some wonderful R.A.K.s this week!! This first one came to me from my new friend and DT sister, Tanja for helping her with some watermarks for her and the group. She's from Germany and very sweet. This card is so beautiful and full of details and dimension, maybe some that you can't see like glitter on the fishy and the water and the blue dew drops in the flower center & scalloped piece at the bottom. And she's so sweet to send a little stamp set and eyelets---thank you so much Tanja!!
and this second R.A.K. is from my good friend Kelly of KL Stampin N Scrappin! She is just full of ♥ surprises ♥ She sent me this awesome stamp called Porch View by Stampendous with my last order as a gift---because she's so kind and generous and has outstanding customer service--and because I'm just soooo likeable, heeheee---OK, I just HAD to throw that in!! LOL. Kelly, you are the sweetest and I'm so glad we've become such good friends. Thank you so much for all you do!! This stamp is sooo perfect for a card I really need to make for my MIL right now. She collects cats like you wouldn't believe!! She has a trophy case full of kitty knick-knacks, has a row of those plainted plates with kitties on them from the Bradford Exchange Co., kitty clocks, etc--you get the point! lol. So I sat right down to make her this card.
This is a white on white card---the black is just my photo set up to make the card show up. I used the Curvy Rectangle Nesties to cut the card base and the image layer. I am in ♥ now with these Nesties!! The CC on SCS this week was to make an all white card --with other colors of ink, but only white cardstock, which I did, but the other part was to make it a 1-layered card, which I did not. In fact I used pop dots behind the stamped layer for dimension. But I just like it this way better. I've been feeling pretty good lately about my coloring skills, however one thing I'm not good at is shading! I really need help figuring out where the lighting should hit. SO...what's a girl to do?? COPY of course!! I did try to copy the image on the stamp itself, LOL. Come on, you know you wouldda done the same! ☺ Just kidding.

Anywho!! That's all for today. I have another card to show you tomorrow!! Have a terrific Thursday.
Photobucket

9 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, wow! Aren't you just the lucky girl! What fun stuff and the cards are beautiful!

Kellie Winnell said...

Aren't you a lucky girl! And then along with a gorgeous card!
Kelx

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous RAKs - you lucky thing!!! And what a gorgeous card you've done for your MIL - beautiful colouring!!
xXx

Katy said...

Fab card Kristine :) What lovely gifts you were sent :)

xx

Diane said...

Lovely RAKS you rec'd and I love the card you made,it is stunning!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

I didn't know your MIL collects cats, but how cool that the Lord had me choose that stamp for you?!! :D Lovely coloring, and I am sure she will absolutely love it. Hugs, Kel

NoraAnne said...

Speaking of RAK's, thank you SO much for the lovely card (I am so late in saying this!) I have been a bit "out of commission" lately as I have had a lot of family things going on. But, you just have to know that your card put such a smile on my face! Of course, because it was just so darn cute, but more for the thought behind it! WOW, was I surprised to receive it! Thank you SO MUCH! It's always nice to be surprised by a smile that you really needed to release!!!!!! :)

Abra Leah Cross said...

How fun - what a sweet treat! :)

The RAK card is adorable - love that color blue. And your coloring is WONDERFUL!! :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Even though she's teaching Copics, Marianne Walker's tutorials on coloring apply to any medium. Check this one out in particular: http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/2008/08/shadows-part-2-basic-shadow-guide.html

But also see all of her shadow posts: http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/search/label/shadows

That is such a gorgeous card, by the way. Looks like my cat Whitie, but that is definitely not my house. Bummer! LOL

Love ya,
Lisa