Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Prettie Sophia and a Happy Surprise

Today's card uses my newest SOTM from Paper Pretties called "Give Thanks" - isn't Sophia so pretty in her paper pieced dress? Perfect stamp for paper piecing! This is also yesterday's Mojo Monday sketch. I rarely do plain white backgrounds, and I'm not sure I really like this. I'm still thinking on it, lol. I do love this DP and Sophia though, which IS my "main focus" on this card so that prolly makes the rest fine. What do you think? :) Oh ya, I also added some pink stickles to the flower and her hair bow.
CARD RECIPE:
STAMPS: Give Thanks Sophia (
Paper Pretties)
PAPER: Ruby Red (SU!); White (Gina K); DP (?)
ACCESSORIES: silver brads; paper piercing tools;
scallop
rectangle Nestabilities
; small & large oval punches (SU!); white satin
ribbon; pop dots; watercolor pencils; aqua painter; fruit punch Stickles

And now for my *Happy Suprise*... I won some fabulous blog candy over at Kim's Basement Stamping!! Look at the contents of this gorgeous frame!! It's so beautiful and will look stunning in my home. As if that weren't enough, Kim is also letting me pick a free stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps!! WOW...Thank you so much Kim! You are so sweet and I've really enjoyed your blog and all your fabulous creations. I feel so blessed to be able to have a "Kim Howard Original" soon hanging in my home! :)
Hope you'll come back tomorrow for another one of my Inky Impressions cards!! In the meantime, Happy Stampin' N Scrappin' :)
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, girl...this card is wonderful! I love the white background so do leave it as is! Your blog candy is wonderful! I have won TWO blog candies in the last TWO days...can you believe it? I'm going to detail it in on my blog tomorrow.:o)

christie said...

I love this card Kristine! You did an amazing job coloring and I really like the plain white background, it makes the image really pop!

Rose Ann said...

She is just too sweet, Kristine!! I love your dimension and piercing here!! Congrats on your wonderful win too!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Lucky girl!!

Lovely Sophie card, too.