Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Well, it's Saturday night as I'm typing up this post and I just finished my Father's Day card for my husband...talk about waiting til the last minute! Although I do remember one Christmas when I got up a little early to make him a "last minute" card, lol. This image is soooo "him" - he loves to fish (and hunt etc.). I found this cute li'l Hanglar image in my stash that someone sent me, I'm pretty sure it was either Nikki or Lim (thanks again girls!!)

I made up this sketch all by myself! Usually I'm following a sketch somewhere as there're so many good ones, but I had these pieces of left over dp so I made them fit and I really like the end result :) That little piece behind the sentiment looks like checked dp but it's not. The dark blue dp has a piece of green mesh over the top to kinda give that "net" feel to the card.

SO... as I mentioned before, we took my husband out to his favorite restaurant for Father's Day last night. It was soooo yummy! They give you a basket of "scones" but they really are more like a deep fried dinner roll and serve it with honey butter...am I making you salivate yet? LOL. Ok, so after dinner we went out back of the restaurant and went for a stroll in the park. We had fun watching the geese and ducks.
The girls got a big kick out of the ducks. There were even some babies in there.
The girls are so into naming every animal they come across! But I'm sure all little girls do this, right??!!!
and this is just a nice tree in the park. We don't have beautiful trees like this back at home, so I took a picture. ☺
Then as we drove into our driveway at 9:30 p.m., the Fiasco began!! One of the bunnies got free and we saw her running and leaping like a jack rabbit and she went under the front deck. :( SOOO, we had to lock our cats indoors (they are not indoor cats and they are very good hunters! - Not good for the li'l bunny!) and then we got the carrier out and put some food in it and stuck it right in front of the hole she dug and we sat there waiting for her to come out..in the dark of course! We waited for about 45 minutes. The dog kept whining and barking and thought she'd amuse us by chasing her tail and being "cute." Oh brother!! Then we finally got smart and got 2 pieces of cardboard the width of the deck and stuck them down between the slats and she got around it! So we started unscrewing two boards and tried the cardboard again and we finally got her---2 1/2 hours later!! It was a little after midnight when we finally got her in her hutch. Good thing it didn't last much longer cause our cats are not house trained and I was really starting to worry! LOL.

Here's the little culprit:
Hope you all have a wonderful Father's Day! ☺

15 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Kristine - one very interesting day!!! Glad bunny got caught in the end!! Probably not the end to the fantastic day you wanted - LOL. Your pics look wonderful...
Gorgeous card too! Love the net detail - very clever!
xXx

ISL said...

Gorgeous card Kristine :) Sounds like you had an eventful day!! Your rabbit is fab :)

Katy
xx

strawberry fields said...

One naughty but very scrummy rabbit! I love rabbits....mine escaped overnight and I found him underneath our car engine keeping warm :)
Gorgeous card too
fiona x

NoraAnne said...

What a way to work off your dinner calories...LOL! I'm sure you weren't planning on such an "exciting" after dinner adventure. Glad you got your bunny in the end :)
Your card is super cute, great job on your sketch!

Lorie said...

That card is absolutely wonderful! Your tale of the bunny is just too funny! Poor thing was probably so scared that she didn't know what to do! Dinner sounds yummy, too!

Cindy Haffner said...

What a great day, and sweet card.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Sparkle said...

Glad you got Flower back in! Darling card!

Jane said...

LOVE your card. As always, your coloring is awesome. What a cute image! Aren't pets just SO much fun??? Sometimes I wonder if they are truly worth the headaches they cause. ;-P

Jane
SBS4

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What an exciting night you had! I'm so glad it was a happy ending and Flower is safe and sound.

Adorable card! I tried to use my water color pencils yesterday and I just couldn't get them to work for me! I'm determined to try again. I have better luck with re-inkers.

Happy Father's Day to Vern!

xOx Lisa

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Terrific card and sketch you created for your DH (Happy Father's Day, Vernon!!), lovely photos of your darling daughters,(yes, I believe all girls do that too), and what a cute bunny! Great story, so sorry it was so late in your day when all this excitement occurred.

Hugs, Kel

Michele said...

WOW sounds like you had an exciting day yesterday Kristine, LOL. Gorgeous card and I love the image you used. Beautiful colouring as always. Hugs Michele x

Dani said...

Such a cute card and such a silly bunny! Sounds like quite the exciting day!

BananaStamper said...

I adore this card! I just love Hanglars!
Shanna

Karin said...

Fabulous card kristine.
Beautifull coloured papers and great image.

Love the pictures.

xoxo karin