Monday, June 22, 2009

Faux Denim 'N Reverse Applique

Hi, I'm back...with a couple of "firsts" to share. I made this card for KL Stampin N Scrappin using Monday's "Technique Lovers Challenge" which was to create Faux Denim, so here's my first attempt. I think it's actually looks more like plaid, but oh well! :) I'm running out of pink cardstock but have a ton of orange---I just don't use that color much, but it goes really well with this Lime Rickey pad by Basic Grey, so I went with it! :) And this is Bathing Beauty Emma once again (love her!)... and this time she used her sunscreen!! Good girl, Emma!

For the reverse applique, I just punched out some hearts out of the denim and then taped little pieces of dp behind it to fill in the hearts. Then I used my sewing machine and tried my hardest to make it look like an 8 year old sewed it and guess what??!!! IT WORKED!!! LOL (okay, this was really my first attempt at sewing around hearts and I did try my best, but hey--it gives it "character" right?!) ;P And last but not... well, okay, it prolly IS the least because the sentiment is so faded that you can hardly read it!! I stamped it with my white craft pad but ya...it's not very "inky" so I should've used some white embossing powder. Live and Learn. Just "bee" creative! lol. Yes, I'm amusing myself today. LOL.

and now a message from KL SNS!!

KL SNS BLOG CANDY
Build your own Blingee

We've reached 10,000 hits on the KL Stampin N Scrappin blog and Kelly's giving away this prize package to one lucky winner!! It includes an adorable card, a personally hand-stamped original by Kelly Little! as well as a Rachelle Anne Miller stamp, some brads, a Cuttlebug folder, Basic Grey papers ad more! Please click the picture to go read what you need to do to win this! :) Good Luck everyone!!

Happy Stampin' N Scrappin'!!

Photobucket

9 comments:

NoraAnne said...

I so love this Emma stamp :) and you did a great job on the challenge, very whimsical and lots of character :)

BananaStamper said...

What a fun card Kristine! I love little Emma and what a fun technique!

Shanna

Sparkle said...

Your card is darling! I love the stitching!

Cami said...

Is this cute or what??!!! Love this card, Kristine, and good girl, she used sunscreen eh? I love this layout and colors and for the first time, hey, your faux denim turned out great! Love the idea of punched out hearts backed with DP. Clever. But, that doesn't surprise me! You can do anything! Hugs, Cami

Lorie said...

This is so cute! You and I must know the same 8 year old because she comes and crafts at my house sometimes too! :o)

de said...

Wow, love this! Amazing!

Basement Stamper said...

Thanks so much for the blog candy post!

This card is adorable, I love the denim look and the paper behind the hearts...I need to try that.

Love the sewing!!!

*Vicki* said...

Now this is just as cute as can be!! Great take on the faux denim!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Have you missed me? LOL

I've been sidetracked for the past few days prepping for and then having my monthly Stamp Club workshop last night. Also, work has been super busy this week, so I've really fallen behind on my blog surfing and emails. (I hate it when work interferes with my personal life... ha ha.)

Anyway, I just caught up on your posts. I've already commented on the video... awesome! I love your little denim and hearts card here... I want to try that cut out and stitch trick myself. And your two accordian file purses are great! So darn cute. You are definitely the best colorer of those Inky Impressions images!

I'll be back to posting and catching up this weekend. I'm beat and ready for my beddy byes tonight, and tomorrow night is my scrapping night with Susan.

You're never far from my thoughts.

Hugs and smiles!
Lisa