Wednesday, June 03, 2009

An Easy Origami Pouch

Happy Wednesday stampers! ☺ Lookie what I made today! I came across a tutorial on SCS for this diaper fold pouch and while I was sitting at my computer reading the instructions I grabbed a piece of computer paper and cut it 8x8" just for practice and it literally took me less than 1 minute to make!! SERIOUSLY! It's so easy with only 4 folds and no tape or glue needed! You should try it...if you like simple and cute that is ;) Works best with double sided designer paper, but you can always take the time to stamp your paper if you want. (I used a full 12x12 sheet for this pouch so I could fit a bunch in it. You can make it any size you want as long as it's square).

I used Butterfly Tilda, and when cutting her out I kinda had to cut off her antenaes, so what's a girl to do? Yippy skippy, I had some colored wire from SU! that I've had sitting for years, and wha-la!! This wire is a dark blue, but kinda looks purple with all the purple here. I also added clear and light pink stickles to her wings. Then I mounted just her top half to the fold-down piece with thick pop up glue dots. The Happy Birthday tag is from SU!'s tag set (I think it was the hostess one, but not sure exactly).

Hope you get some Inky time in today... in fact, if you're running short on time, why not make one of these pouches and decorate the front with primas or something quick?! It's nice to have these on hand for birthdays or a quick thank you etc. Hugs!!

EDITED TO ADD:
Oh my goodness! If you love Magnolias... or even cute animals! you've got to go check out Jessica's post... see her beautiful card and then scroll down to see the sneak peeks at the new super cute Magnolias coming soon!! Go take a peek!! :)

Photobucket

21 comments:

Jane said...

That's adorable! Is it deep enough to hold a candy bar? I often like to give coworkers a candy bar on payday. May have to try one of these.

Jane
SBS4

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh wow - this is super cute!! Have seen them around but just LURVE your take on it!! And Tilda's antennas - what a great idea to use wire!!
Until next time....
xXx

Lorie said...

Wow! That is completely GORGEOUS!!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Awwww...this is the very definition of ADORABLE:o) I love the pretty pastel colors, and the way you colored sweet Tilda! How clever of you to think of using the crafting wire!!! I wish my brain worked like that...not a chance! Wish you lived next door, so I could get plenty of creative advice form the master!!! Planning on moving to NC anyitme soon? A girl can dream right?;o)

I hope your week has been super!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Cindy Haffner said...

Super cute idea, I love it!! Hugs Cindy xxoo

*Vicki* said...

How sweet!! What a cute idea!! :)

mickeydee said...

Love it! Such a cute and cheerful project. Love the wire antennaes!

Katy said...

Gorgeous Kristine!! fabulous gift :)

xx

Terri said...

OMGosh!! I saw yours & just had to rty it & they are sooo easy & sooo CUTE! Thank you so much for sharing it! I'm gonna make a bunch for my son's wedding shower to put the favors in!

Denise said...

Absolutely adorable!! I love the colors, so cheerful. Great job!! I will have to try one.

Sparkle said...

What a gorgeous holder! I love the spring colors.

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Kristine, this is just simply stunning xx

Michele said...

Gorgeous creation Kristine. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Wow Kristine, this is just such a gorgeous creation, love the cute Tilda and your beautiful colouring. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Seleise said...

super cute and great idea!!!

Maria said...

Wow, Christine! What a fun goodie back and you made it in one minute! OMG. . .I've never made anything within a minute. I love quick and easy stuff!! Thanks for a link!

Beautiful job coloring Tilda. . .I love how you added the lace. It's very pretty!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Maria

Sunshine said...

Just adorable! Love everything about it!!

Cheers from Winnipeg!

Sunshine

Lisa Hjulberg said...

TGIF!!! And that I finally have time to check out a few blogs.

What a CUTE project! At first I thought it was one of those flower pots. Your Tilda, of course, is colored to perfection.

Yes, I saw some of those new Magnolia images coming soon. I refuse to start buying Magnolias because I already have more stamps than I could possibly use in a lifetime (LOL), but I sure enjoy seeing yours and Debbie's. They are darling.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, dear friend.

Hugs,
Lisa

Christine said...

Oh my goodness, this is the cutest ever. I love that diaper fold pouch!!! I absolutely love how you colored Tilda. She is spectacular!!! I love her in purple!!! I really like your style. Her hair is great. Lots of great highlights and lowlights. You know a girl has to has to some fun!!! Great work!!
xoxo, Christine

Rose Ann said...

I love the paper you used for your adorable pouch!! That is such a cute image, and I love your lace and flower too!! Fantastic!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so cute and beautiful!! Love your coloring and colors!!!! What an adorable origami pouch!! The lace adds to it's elegance!!